Talkeetna

charlielinda

We will have one full day at Talkeetna and I have a few questions. I understand that there is nothing to do at the Princess Lodge so am making plans. How often does the Princess Shuttle run between the Lodge and Talkeetna? What time does it start in the morning and end in the evening? I understand it's about an hour ride -- is that correct?

What excursions did you do when in Talkeetna and how did you like them. Did you use Princess or an outside tour company. We are very open to outside tours. I'm going to start my research in Talkeetna but wanted to see what others had done. Thanks so much in advance for your help.

At the moment we are booked on a raft river excursion but I am oepn to change :)

Yes, it is an hour bus ride to Talkeetna. There is "nothing" in Talkeetna, except, the Park Service climbers headquarters, which does have some displays. A small museum, and some good eats. The forte here is flightseeing.

I find the raft trips pretty tame and only good for me, with a 2 for 1 coupon and time on my hands, waiting out flights. :)

The shuttle bus runs at least hourly, I see people waiting at the stops all the time, so I haven't paid attention how often they are. Some McKinley vistiors can update you on the schedule, or call when they open in May.

Archived