Lame Question RE Rental Car

bankerbabe

We are renting a car prior to our cruise in March. I just noticed that one of our flights has changed, so rather than arriving at 11:00 pm we are arriving in West Palm Beach at 12:05 am.

If I go online and change my car rental reservation to the new time, they want to charge me more because technically I'm picking it up on a different day.

But if I leave the reservation alone and just show up an hour later will the reservation still be honored? I would think that it would, because if your flight is delayed an hour they still give you a rental car. But now I'm overthinking it and wondering . . . .

What do you all think?

I think, why would they charge you more? If they are really looking at it as being a different day, it's one day LESS than you originally were quoted, right?

I would just leave it alone. If you happened to already be traveling and got delayed somewhere, you wouldn't necessarily be able to notify them. It's only an hour different. They should still have your car held for you.

what did they suggest you do when you called them?

I didn't call them yet - I just went online to modify the reservation myself and it gave me a different price - which was more than I initially booked it for.

It's Thrifty, if that matters at all.

I didn't call them yet - I just went online to modify the reservation myself and it gave me a different price - which was more than I initially booked it for.

It's Thrifty, if that matters at all.

I have found from experience that it does pay to call and speak to a human...because they can and do have the authority to make changes in your favor.

I have saved with airlines by calling and explaining that we are a big family and need certain seats that the website won't give us...and even got a better price to boot...and they were excellent seats.

My phone/internet/tv company too...just called them and asked for any specials being offerred to long term customers..and viola...$20 credit per month for 2 years!!

Call..tthem...but by no means act too sheepish...a little humble and thankful helps..sometimes needy works too...but never ever sound sheepish or uninformed:D;) suggesting you might cancel the reservation and rebook with the competition works too. Maybe your pricing issue has to do with weekday/weekend rates changing at midnight?

Good Luck!

Archived