Change in Room Service Breakfast??

Aboat1

We just returned from a 3 day on the Monarch of the Sea. We were disappointed to see that there were no hot choices on the room service menu for breakfast. They only offered cereal and bread choices. No eggs, bacon or potatoes. Is this now fleet wide or because it was a short cruise? We have cruised many times, I have been very spoiled having breakfast in our stateroom. I really hated having to get up and dressed just to get eggs!!!!

We just returned from a 3 day on the Monarch of the Sea. We were disappointed to see that there were no hot choices on the room service menu for breakfast. They only offered cereal and bread choices, no eggs bacon or potatoes etc. Is this now fleet wide or a change because it was a short cruise? We have cruised many times and I have been very spoiled having breakfast in our stateroom. I really hated to get up and dressed just to get eggs!!!!

Still hot items offered last week on the Voyager (7 day). Maybe just a short cruise or Monarch specific change?

We just returned from a 3 day on the Monarch of the Sea. We were disappointed to see that there were no hot choices on the room service menu for breakfast. They only offered cereal and bread choices, no eggs bacon or potatoes etc. Is this now fleet wide or a change because it was a short cruise? We have cruised many times and I have been very spoiled having breakfast in our stateroom. I really hated to get up and dressed just to get eggs!!!!

On our recent Liberty cruise, the breakfast choices were similar to what they have been for at least the past 3 1/2 years. Eggs, fruit, cereal, etc.

probably a concession to the fact that there isn't enuf room in the lesser cabins of MONARCH to have a table, chairs or pick up a fork and reach your mouth comfortably!

In 25 years of cruising the SMALLEST cabin I've ever seen.

But OTOH, living near the port, it costs less to cuise for the weekend than two nice dinners out!

We have 3 Cruises booked, 7,4,3 days, and I hope you can get Eggs and bacon for room service. looks like the 7 day Voyager will be good to go for sure. Anyone know about the sort cruises out of Miami?

I don't enjoy eating a full meal in the cabin..it's messy, and unless you have a dining table, it's hardly comfortable! I do enjoy a carafe of coffee, to get me started, and we've even "written in " croissant (which they did bring), but I really prefer the dining room for breakfast...so nice!

probably a concession to the fact that there isn't enuf room in the lesser cabins of MONARCH to have a table, chairs or pick up a fork and reach your mouth comfortably!

In 25 years of cruising the SMALLEST cabin I've ever seen.

But OTOH, living near the port, it costs less to cuise for the weekend than two nice dinners out!

I don't think the size of your cabin has anything to do with the breakfast menu when staying in an Inside-Junior Suite catagory cabin...If this happened on the Monarch recently it is something new and lacking for that ship...

I don't enjoy eating a full meal in the cabin..it's messy, and unless you have a dining table, it's hardly comfortable! I do enjoy a carafe of coffee, to get me started, and we've even "written in " croissant (which they did bring), but I really prefer the dining room for breakfast...so nice!

I don't think your opinion is in the majority.."Many Many" of us enjoy having breakfast on the balcony and to offer only a continental style breakfast would be a huge negative move on Royal's part..You continue to "Always" tout the MDR for breakfast..nice that you enjoy your choice but others should also have theirs...:rolleyes:

Archived