questions from a newbie about Coral

tobecool

Hi, we are new to Princess. we have following questions about Coral:

1. The sanctuary: do we have to pay for it to guarantee a chair? if so , how much is it? when do we have to reserve it?

2. Lotus pool and Lido pool, are they open to all, i mean also to teen?

3. is the Internet Cafe the same as the Cafe promenade on RCCL? how long does it run a day?

4.about any time dining, does it mean we can go there any time we want? do we have to wait? or do we reserve a table any time during the day? and is it guaranteed that we'll have a table for us only, no mixed with anyone else? and we found there are two dinning room, Bordeaux and Provence, can we go either one as we like?

5.movie under the star, do we have to book the tickets? is there one movie everyday? are they the same?

sorry for stupid questions, we are so excited to this sailing with Coral and we would like to know as many as we can before the sail and ready to enjoy everything onboard.

Can't wait for this cruise, and thanks for any reply.

Hi, we are new to Princess. we have following questions about Coral:

1. The sanctuary: do we have to pay for it to guarantee a chair? if so , how much is it? when do we have to reserve it?

The Sanctuary costs $15/day if you reserve for the entire cruise; it's $10 per half day or $20 per full day when reserved on a daily basis (as in the morning of, no advance reserversations for the day-by-day usage). All the chairs in the Sanctuary are "reserved" -- if you book on the first day for the entire cruise, you can pick out your own and it's alll yours.

2. Lotus pool and Lido pool, are they open to all, i mean also to teen?

Lido (outdoor) pool is open to all. The Lotus (indoor) pool is generally considered to be adults only, although on our cruise, they permitted children to use it in the afternoon. We were on a warm-weather itinerary; I would hope they'd be equally lenient on a cold-weather itinerary as it wouldn't be very fair for kids to have no place to swim at all. You said teens: as far as I'm concerned, a teen (as in 15+) should be allowed to use the adult's pool; I don't really consider that age to be "kids" since they don't generally play "Marco Polo," the bane of my existence!

3. is the Internet Cafe the same as the Cafe promenade on RCCL? how long does it run a day?

The Internet Cafe has computers with internet access. It's open 24/7.

4.about any time dining, does it mean we can go there any time we want? do we have to wait? or do we reserve a table any time during the day? and is it guaranteed that we'll have a table for us only, no mixed with anyone else? and we found there are two dinning room, Bordeaux and Provence, can we go either one as we like?

If you are signed up for Anytime Dining, you can go to the Provence (the one reserved for Anytime Dining, on Deck 5/Plaza) anytime between 5:30 and 10. You can try to make a reservation if you wish (sometimes they may restrict reservations during peak hours; varies ship to ship on this) but they're not necessary. Waits can be short or long, no way to tell in advance. They give you a pager; you can then wander and have a cocktail while you wait. You can ask for a table alone or to share but you're not forced into either.

5.movie under the star, do we have to book the tickets? is there one movie everyday? are they the same?

No tickets, seating first-come, first-served. Different movies are played every night generally. Also major sporting events (Monday Night Football; Super Bowl; World Series of Mah Jongg -- okay, I made that last one up).

sorry for stupid questions, we are so excited to this sailing with Coral and we would like to know as many as we can before the sail and ready to enjoy everything onboard.

Can't wait for this cruise, and thanks for any reply.

Not stupid questions at all. Ask away if you have more. And be prepared to have a fantastic cruise -- the Coral is a fantastic ship, my favourite!, with an awesome staff.

Not stupid questions at all. Ask away if you have more. And be prepared to have a fantastic cruise -- the Coral is a fantastic ship, my favourite!, with an awesome staff.

Thank you so much for your details. It really helps a lot.

Yes, we may have more questions. Something setting up in my mind.

Thanks again.

We are cruiseing on the Coral as well,my 4th cruise with princess.But I dont have the answer for this for ones joining me,I thought maybe someone on here would know.How much do you need available on your credit card....if anyone knows that would help,as I never have anything oweing I dont know

We are cruiseing on the Coral as well,my 4th cruise with princess.But I dont have the answer for this for ones joining me,I thought maybe someone on here would know.How much do you need available on your credit card....if anyone knows that would help,as I never have anything oweing I dont know

At least $50/day/person.

That is the minimum. If you charge more (shore excursions, photos, etc.), you obviously need enough available.

At least $50/day/person.

That is the minimum. If you charge more (shore excursions, photos, etc.), you obviously need enough available.

ya thats a good # we will go with,as its all going to be payed in cash the last night,dont want to pay all the fees,changeing over to Us from Canadian,when we can buy it cheaper.

The Coral has the Pattiserie wich is like RCCL's cafe promenade. It is not open 24hrs .....I believe 6am till Midnight last June. However unlike RCCL the buffet is open with snacks and desserts thru the night.

The Coral has the Pattiserie wich is like RCCL's cafe promenade. It is not open 24hrs .....I believe 6am till Midnight last June. However unlike RCCL the buffet is open with snacks and desserts thru the night.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Archived