Two adults, two kids inside on Elation?

Rena921

I think we will have enough room - kids are DD 16 and DS 12, but was just wondering if anyone has stayed in an inside quad on the Elation with hopefully some pics. We are going to book resident rate, so we wont know the cabin number until we get there. Thanks! :D

I think we will have enough room - kids are DD 16 and DS 12, but was just wondering if anyone has stayed in an inside quad on the Elation with hopefully some pics. We are going to book resident rate, so we wont know the cabin number until we get there. Thanks!

It might be a little tight. I've stayed in a room on Elation that had the upper bunks, although there were only two of us. You may want to arrange the lower bunks in the "L" shape to allow more floor space or put the two beds together so only one long side is open. The room is the same size as any other inside cabin.

Some resident rates you pick your cabin .. can be either.

Two upper bunks, will come out of the ceiling. I didnt care for it because I like to sit up in bed and read, and the form for the beds comes down in your way on the lower beds.

If you push the two twins together, then you will have even less floor space as it blocks up the center of the cabin.

All insides on carnival are standard 185 s.f. but only on the Fantasy class do the beds come out of the wall I think .. newer ships they are up in the ceiling and dont impact the lower beds.

You will share 3 main drawers plus one little bitty one that has a bible and other stuff already in it. Where the shelves are in other closets, you will have them removed for room to store the ladders during the day... so even less storage.

I think we will have enough room - kids are DD 16 and DS 12, but was just wondering if anyone has stayed in an inside quad on the Elation with hopefully some pics. We are going to book resident rate, so we wont know the cabin number until we get there. Thanks! :D

Inside and oceanview staterooms on this class of ship are all the same 185 sq. ft. There is a chance you may get a triple stateroom with 2 twins that convert to a king and 1 upper berth and a rollaway bed for the 4th pax rather than two upper berths.... not the best end result, but doable. There is also a good chance you will know your stateroom assignment before sailing date as well.

I hope the cruise meets all your expectations and that your stateroom fits the bill as well. Thats the risk you take when booking a promo or rate code where no stateroom is assigned though, in this instance, to save money. Hope it works out for you and you have a GREAT CRUISE !

Inside and oceanview staterooms on this class of ship are all the same 185 sq. ft. There is a chance you may get a triple stateroom with 2 twins that convert to a king and 1 upper berth and a rollaway bed for the 4th pax rather than two upper berths.... not the best end result, but doable. There is also a good chance you will know your stateroom assignment before sailing date as well.

I hope the cruise meets all your expectations and that your stateroom fits the bill as well. Thats the risk you take when booking a promo where no stateroom is assigned though, in order to save money.

I know, this is not my first Rodeo:D, this is just one of those spur of the moment, need to get out of this miserable cold weather, impulse trips. I have been on the Ecstasy in a quad and had no problems.

Hey, it's a cruise and there won't be any snow...it's all GOOD!!;)

I know, this is not my first Rodeo:D, this is just one of those spur of the moment, need to get out of this miserable cold weather, impulse trips. I have been on the Ecstasy in a quad and had no problems.

And if you had 4 guests in that stateroom and was no problem, it will be no different on the Elation! :rolleyes:

I have never sailed the Elation but all our Carnival cruises were on the same Fantasy class. And yes, we have sailed with two kids inside on several occasions, most recently was on the Sensation. My boys were 16 and 11 at the time.

While I prefer the outside cabin, they were not availalbe without putting a cot down and that takes up more room and isnt the full size of an upper bed, so we chose the inside with the two uppers. We arent in the room much, got a little tricky getting ready for dinner, but normally the boys would shower and dress and be ready while I am in the shower then just hang out in the beds playing their video games while they waited for DH and I to finish.

Just watch your head, I cant count how many times I have knocked my head on the upper bed getting out of bed.

Our next family cruise will most likely be with them in the same room again, if we ever get to go on another! Dont worry, you will be fine, have fun!

Much easier in a true Quad cabin (2 uppers and 2 lowers) than a triple and a rollaway. If you do end up in a triple have your room steward fold it up during the day.

Done it on the Paradise (a sistership) in OV-

This is how we do it--

Everyone gets one shelf in the medicine cabinet, one drawer in the vanity and one shelf in the closet. Double and triple up on hangars. DH brings his shirts on wire hangars, freeing up the wooden hangars.

We bring a small garden tote for the vanity, but a small over-the-door shoe holder also works for corralling the smaller stuff.

Pack light (22" cases) and store luggage under the beds. There will be more 'room' in the cabin if the lower beds are apart. Not too romantic, but a sanity saver.

Also there is a corner table/cabinet under the TV where the lifevests are stored. There is usually room for things in there.

most rooms on the elation can handle a roll-away. the elation is one of a few ships where 5 people can be put in a state room.

i just recently booked on the elation and noticed that almost always, a roll-away was used. When putting 3 people in a room, it was a double with a roll-away. When putting 4 people in a room, it was a triple with a roll-away.

i booked an inside and outside directly across from each other. The price difference (which depending when you go) is sometimes nothing. The 3rd & 4th person cost $350 each. It cost me less than $200 more to book 2 rooms rather than put 5 people in one cabin. To me it is so worth having the extra bathroom and television.

I have done inside with four on that ship; kids were about the same age as yours. Biggest problem is vying for the bathroom, so I just made sure I got in/out well before dinner. The room is plenty big, but because of the layout they could not push two of the beds together to make a king.

During the day, it got a little cramped -- next cruise I booked separate rooms because the difference was not that much.

most rooms on the elation can handle a roll-away. the elation is one of a few ships where 5 people can be put in a state room.

i just recently booked on the elation and noticed that almost always, a roll-away was used. When putting 3 people in a room, it was a double with a roll-away. When putting 4 people in a room, it was a triple with a roll-away.

i booked an inside and outside directly across from each other. The price difference (which depending when you go) is sometimes nothing. The 3rd & 4th person cost $350 each. It cost me less than $200 more to book 2 rooms rather than put 5 people in one cabin. To me it is so worth having the extra bathroom and television.

There are several true "quad staterooms" (2 lowers and two uppers) and true "triple staterooms" (two lowers and one upper berth) on all fantasy class ships......the trick is to grab them when available if thats what you need !

We arent in the room much, got a little tricky getting ready for dinner, ...

We had an inner cabin for a family of four last year. We asked the room steward to raise the beds back up into the ceiling each morning, and then lower them in the evening after we left for dinner.

I hear ya, but on this one the 3rd & 4th will only be $139.00

I don't really think that you need my imput by now reading most of these post but just wanted to say that on all of our cruises with Carnival we have had 5 in a cabin. We never really cared it saved us money and wasn't in there that much anyway but to get ready and to sleep. Getting ready only because there were 4 of us girls was maybe the hardest times if you would call it that and only on the formal nights but we managed just fine. Have a great trip. We will be going on the Elation for the first time also in a couple weeks. Sure hope it is warm. But compared to here it has to be watching the snow fall as I type. brrrrr

We just did a QUAD interior on the Elation last week with no problems.

2 Uppers....for our sons who are 6' 4" and 6'

We left the lowers Separated and that worked out well. With one twin under that Upper and one twin "across" the width of the cabin, we had space for our luggage.

We did a B2B (9 days) just fine...

ENJOY!!!

I don't really think that you need my imput by now reading most of these post but just wanted to say that on all of our cruises with Carnival we have had 5 in a cabin. We never really cared it saved us money and wasn't in there that much anyway but to get ready and to sleep. Getting ready only because there were 4 of us girls was maybe the hardest times if you would call it that and only on the formal nights but we managed just fine. Have a great trip. We will be going on the Elation for the first time also in a couple weeks. Sure hope it is warm. But compared to here it has to be watching the snow fall as I type. brrrrr

When are you sailing? We are on the 2/7 sailing.

Now I am confused, since you did the same thing on a sister ship .. you know what the cabin looks like and the size... .. so Im confused what the question is.

You know as much as anyone else posting if you already have done this.

we had a triple with a roll away on the sensation was ocean view and not interior. I believe cabins are the same size. During the day the one upper was up and out of the way the the roll away was folded up and pushed out of the way. If the set up is similar on the elation I would think you would be fine.

Now I am confused, since you did the same thing on a sister ship .. you know what the cabin looks like and the size... .. so Im confused what the question is.

I wanted to make sure they were the same and the quad we had was an OV. And was hoping to see some pictures.

It doesn't hurt to ask questions and sister ship ot not, they are different ships. I like to be well informed. :)

Was thinking the exact same thing....but refrained from passing similar thoughts to the OP ! :eek:

Was thinking the exact same thing....but refrained from passing similar thoughts to the OP ! :eek:

Isn't it in the spirit of these boards to be able to ask questions? I didn't realize I would get flamed for asking a few simple questions. :cool:. WOW.

As I stated, I like to be well informed and there is no harm to anyone by asking a QUESTION.

Isn't it in the spirit of these boards to be able to ask questions? I didn't realize I would get flamed for asking a few simple questions. :cool:. WOW.

Someone found a "flaw" in your logic and jumped on the opportunity to make themselves feel superior.:rolleyes:

How dare you post here! :p:D

Archived