Cabin near Elevator

Jon54

My wife and I just booked our second cruise ever, the first 10 years ago. We are going in June and when we asked for a cabin mid ship, the two available were right across from the elevators. We took one but I'm now wondering if the noise will be a problem? Booking so late, our other option was at the rear of the ship.

My wife and I just booked our second cruise ever, the first 10 years ago. We are going in June and when we asked for a cabin mid ship, the two available were right across from the elevators. We took one but I'm now wondering if the noise will be a problem? Booking so late, our other option was at the rear of the ship.

Congratulations on booking your cruise..Ship name & cabin # will get you more info on your choice of locations...Enjoy !!!

I too had the same question and went ahead and booked the one I was interested in. After I started to look at the floor map, heard what everyone was saying about the elevators in a "foyer" and remembering back to the last cruise we were just on, I came to the conclusion that they really won't be too noisy. I am looking forward to getting off the elevator, turning the corner to go down the hall and bam! right there at the cabin. LOL

We are on the Carribean Princess, Baja Deck room 433. I do see that the elevators don't open into the hall but we are the first room. We are taking a New England/Canada cruise, and I doubt there will be a lot of "partiers" on board. We are stoked and wonder why we waited so long between cruises.

We now book cabins right at elevator access. Like the previous posters stated--out of the elevator and right into the room.

Even with standing directly in front of the elevator you really gotta be listening for the the ding.

We were in a cabin right between the entry to the elevator & stairs and it was just fine. I don't recall hearing the dings. Since you said your other option was the rear I'll mention this - one time we were in the 2nd from the last cabin on the ship and whenever the motors were turned on we felt a lot of vibrating. Since then I try to avoid the very back of the ship, though, perhaps it was just that particular ship that did that (Volendam).

Archived