Portunus Club points

cruiseanywhere2

Please can someone tell me how many points are needed to get to the various levels.

Thank you.

Hi

Ruby - after your first completed cruise to 500 points

Sapphire - 501 to 1500 points

Gold - 1501 points

That is how they currently stand, however changes to Portunus are due to be announced in February.

Debbie:)

Hi

Ruby - after your first completed cruise to 500 points

Sapphire - 501 to 1500 points

Gold - 1501 points

That is how they currently stand, however changes to Portunus are due to be announced in February.

Debs

I hope they introduce a level above Gold that has some real benefits. It appears that every man and his dog are gold members these days :rolleyes::D

Regards

Cb

Debs

I hope they introduce a level above Gold that has some real benefits. It appears that every man and his dog are gold members these days :rolleyes::D

Regards

Cb

We don't have a dog now.

:rolleyes:

but we are Gold :D

Debs

Regards

Cb

Cb

I aspire to be Gold sometime around May this year assuming that P&O don't move the goalposts:rolleyes:.

Even if they do, then c'est la vie as they say in Chorley.

Gillian,

Points are awarded individually so it does not matter whether you are the lead person or not. Normally you dont have to make a claim as they get awarded automatically. There should be a letter in your cabin welcoming you as a Ruby member which entitles you to 5% on board discount, including excursions.

If for any reason there is a problem, go and see the Portunus representative on board.

Brian

Thanks OP for this thread. I didn't realise the Potunus discount kicked in on your second cruise :)

Even better, I checked my Princess Captain's circle last night and my P&O past and future cruises are listed and I'll be 3 days short of platinum on Princess.

I'm still not too sure when Princess benefits kick in on P&O, if at all? Is it after your first P&O cruise, you get 50% of your Princess nights added as points? If so, they aren't showing on my P&O account. :confused:

U2,

You should get 5 points for every Princess cruise added to your Portunus total.

If this has not happened I suggest you email Portunus quoting your Princess ref no.

Terms and conditions here, contact details para 6.1

http://www.pocruises.com/en/The-Portunus-Club-Terms-and-Conditions/

Brian

Thanks Brian, I don't know why I didn't think to do that myself :o

It says (section 2.6) that Portunus membership cards will be sent to your home but we haven't received them yet. The points are up on the online account so maybe an email will do the trick. Thanks again :)

Cb

I aspire to be Gold sometime around May this year assuming that P&O don't move the goalposts:rolleyes:.

Even if they do, then c'est la vie as they say in Chorley.

Debs

Chorley heh, will look out for you in Tesco:)

BTW they would not know what say lar vee meant in Mawdesley;)

Regards

Cb

Thank you for all the information posted. I have never received a membership card and we cruised with P and O in 2007 (it's taken a while to get around to another P and O cruise but I telephoned this morning and our ruby status is registered. How many points to you acrue for each night on board.

We are on the Oceana Canaries Cruise on 28th March and really looking forward to it.

Thank you for all the information posted. I have never received a membership card and we cruised with P and O in 2007 (it's taken a while to get around to another P and O cruise but I telephoned this morning and our ruby status is registered. How many points to you acrue for each night on board.

We are on the Oceana Canaries Cruise on 28th March and really looking forward to it.

Hi

You receive 10 points for each night onboard. Have a great cruise:D

Debs

Regards

Cb

Just shows the LOYALTY scheme is working then... no wonder P&O like it. Some US airlines reward their top 10 airmiles passangers so couldbe P&O may copy the same idea each year reward the top 10 or whatever with something.

I think P&O made a rod for their own back when they included tiers in their loyalty scheme. As a Gold tier member, I am not the least bit concerned about how many others I share the tier with. There are however, those who seem to have a need to feel - and to be seen to be - "special" and no longer feel so now that the scheme has many Gold members. Hence pressure in some quarters for further tiers. I cannot see however, what P&O would stand to gain commercially by introducing them. Loyalty schemes exist, surely, to encourage you customers to return and form a habit of doing business with you. Passengers who have reached Gold by spending over 150 nights on board have already got that habit - they do not need further incentives.

I think P&O made a rod for their own back when they included tiers in their loyalty scheme. As a Gold tier member, I am not the least bit concerned about how many others I share the tier with. There are however, those who seem to have a need to feel - and to be seen to be - "special" and no longer feel so now that the scheme has many Gold members. Hence pressure in some quarters for further tiers. I cannot see however, what P&O would stand to gain commercially by introducing them. Loyalty schemes exist, surely, to encourage you customers to return and form a habit of doing business with you. Passengers who have reached Gold by spending over 150 nights on board have already got that habit - they do not need further incentives.

Denarius

I don't need to feel special I just want some decent benefits fpr spending all the dosh we have with P&O.

It may be the case that SOME Brits wish to feel precious I don't. Perhaps we could all take a lesson from our American cousins who take it for what it is a loyalty scheme. If you travel with Princess, apart from the much superior benefits, your name and loyalty card grade is out side your cabin and your cruise card again identifies your grade. They don't seem to have a problem with it. :confused:

Cb

With P & O, I am a lowly Ruby grade and may make Gold eventually. However with Cunard I am Platinum and their grades are silver, gold, platinum and diamond. No discounts for the grades but certain entitlements such as free use of web time on the computer, privalege check in for platinum and up, free lunch for diamons as Cunards speciality restaurant normally a $20 charge, and quite a few other bits and bobs I can't remember. Loyality schemes work, but never assume that every man and his dog is gold, we all have to start somewhere.:D:D

When the loyalty scheme started it replaced the old POSH Club which you paid to belong to no points etc.. for that you got 5% off on board shopping a tour for £5.00.. christmas card .. callendar and christmas party in London and a cocktail party on board.

NOW when the new scheme started not everybody was in Ruby.. they went back 3 years I think it was and gave us all an extra 100 points for taking our club away. SO some people went straight into GOLD.. so the Gold lunch there was only 10 people if that...so they felt special... but as time has gone by the club is up and running fully so there are more in each band.. which is what they always hoped as that is the point of the scheme to keep people LOYAL. Goodness knows why people still want GOLD with knobs on tier but they do.

SOme US airlines award their top 10 air miles passangers with an extra bonus so manybe P&O will do the same to please the high point folk...

Archived