Cloud 9 Spa Balcony Cabin???

jacksmom09

The spa cabin gives access to the spa's pools and sauna area which is wonderful and limited (you have to have an arm band to get in there). The products in the room are the higher quality Elemis products the spa sells. The bathrobes are different and you get slippers. I think you also get two complimentary classes (like aerobics or spin?)

The area is usually very serene and quiet. Its a nice option if you will use the spa a lot or would buy the package for the saunas/thalassotherapy pool. The decor is more "spa like" but the cabin size is no different.

Nice, and we enjoyed the amenities, but we'd only do it again if the price was right. I can still get my aft balcony and buy the thalassotherapy/sauna package separately.

We just got off the Dream a week ago and we were in a spa balcony cabin. The previous poster was right about what was in the cabin. There was also linen spray and the towels were nicer (plush) than the standard cabin towel. Also the beach towels are tan instead of the usual navy ones. Here are some pics:

DSCN2163.jpg.c7fe6418c0be1b54627c05670b4ec411.jpg

DSCN2149.jpg.254af3dd72dab91642d019c9c581e8a1.jpg

DSCN2165.jpg.36d636c77ed98c3c65d708dfba6187ba.jpg

DSCN2166.jpg.4ba83044ec9070d8e4bdfc5a8632e936.jpg

It's not always possible to buy the spa package if you are not booked in the spa cabins. There are a limited amount of packages which are sold.

One very important plus, for myself and my husband, is the non-smoking policy in ALL of the spa cabins and balconies. It's the only place on the ship you are guaranteed no one will be smoking next to your cabin on the balcony.

An important feature for some, not all, of course.

How "suite" it is... These pampering staterooms feature spa-like décor, offer private access to Cloud 9 Spa, and extra luxuries such as unlimited use of the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.

Guests are also given exclusive spa packages consisting of Elemis products and more (packages are for 1st & 2nd guests ONLY; packages for 3rd & 4th guests will incur additional fees).

Spa Packages Include:

- Elemis bath & beauty products

- Priority for booking spa appointments

- Complimentary fitness classes (2)

- Exclusive spa stateroom amenities

- Spa towels, bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

What is the Cloud 9 Spa?

The Cloud 9 Spa and Spa Accommodations are on the Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic boast an impressive 40,000 square foot area, creating a spa resort atop these magnificent floating resorts. The spa and fitness centers are 23,750 square feet (21,000 sq ft on the Splendor) and encompass two forward decks. In addition to the fitness area, the spas have a number of features such as a Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, including indoor and outdoor relaxation areas and additional treatment rooms. Some of the facilities are capacity controlled and extra charges may apply.

Note: For those guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom, we offer Day Passes to use the Thalassotherapy Pool and the Thermal Suite for ($40). Voyage Passes are available - cost depends on the length of the cruise.

Spa Features

Harmony

The Thalassotherapy Pool, covered by a glass dome featuring jets of water jets massaging your body as it soaks in ionized water. The pool featuring jets of water jets massaging your body as it soaks in ionized water at temperature 91°F temperature (33°C).

Tranquility

An elaborate and exclusive Thermal Suite, which offers intensive relaxation and a new sensory experience provided through 4 individually, designed heat therapy chambers to cleanse, tone and purify the body, using dry and wet heat chambers. Note: For those guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom, a fee applies.

Dry Heat Chambers:

• Laconium: is a large dry heat bath / sauna-like chamber, wherein body circulation is stimulated, thereby facilitating the elimination of metabolic waste accelerated and mobilizing the body's own defenses, while reducing stress. Body circulation is stimulated at a temperature of 55°-65° C or 131 - 149° F which facilitates the elimination of metabolic waste accelerated and mobilizes the body's own defenses, while reducing stress.
  • Tepidarium: is the relaxation / rest area with the ergonomically shaped heated loungers for intensive relaxation, often referred to as the classic transition area of the spa, where you complete the process of regeneration. The classic transition area of the spa, where you complete the process of regeneration with ambient temperatures around 38° C or 100.4° F.

Steam Chambers:

• Oriental Steam Bath: is typically referred to as a large steam chamber called the Caldarium. The high humidity and radiant heat provides an extremely relaxing climate, which has a purifying effect on the whole body. The high humidity provides an extremely relaxing climate. The respiratory tract is cleansed, circulation stimulated, muscle tension relaxed, the skin becomes pliant and supple. Temperature: 40 - 50° C or 104 - 112° F.
  • Aroma Steam Bath: is typically referred to as the small intimate chamber called the steam aromatic grotto. The high humidity and radiant heat creates a moist, warm climate in the Aroma Steam Bath that gently but thoroughly cleanses the skin and respiratory tract, with herbal steam (sweet odors such as cinnamon, orange or apple) can additionally support the cleaning effect. The circulation is stimulated, muscle tension relaxed, stress is reduced, limbs and joint pains relieved. Temperature: approximately 40 - 50° C or 104 - 112° F.

17 Beauty and Treatment Rooms, Including the Following:

Rasul Bath - A treatment that provides a unique and special sensory experience with the application of various mud treatments.

7th Heaven - Relaxation Room

Nirvana and Utopia - 2 private VIP Suites (treatment rooms)

HTH

One other note, not sure if this question is specific to the Dream or Splendor but I highly recommend NOT booking cabin 12216 on the Dream. The stairs to the water slide are along the wall beside this cabin...there is no "sleeping in" in the mornings with the pitter patter of not so little feet up and down those stairs.

If I did it all over again, I would book below on deck 11.

Edited by Ruggled

I have to admit that one of the main reasons we chose the spa balcony cabins for our upcoming cruise on the Magic was for the no smoking area either in cabins or balcony areas. We did take the advice of many here and booked an odd number cabin to get away from the waterslide entrance. But we did take deck 12 because that way there would be no smoking in the balcony below as well as either side. It's a tough tradeoff losing a covered balcony. May have to invest in a portable beach umbrella that clips on to chairs.

Other bonuses are the benefits others listed as well as mens locker rooms for spa area that we can use for showers because we'll have four of us getting ready for dinner at the same time. Look forward to using the spa features, including the T-pool (while our kids are using waterworks). But with one sea day on a 9-day cruise, it's questionable how much time we'll really spend there.

I have to admit that one of the main reasons we chose the spa balcony cabins for our upcoming cruise on the Magic was for the no smoking area either in cabins or balcony areas. We did take the advice of many here and booked an odd number cabin to get away from the waterslide entrance. But we did take deck 12 because that way there would be no smoking in the balcony below as well as either side. It's a tough tradeoff losing a covered balcony. May have to invest in a portable beach umbrella that clips on to chairs.

Other bonuses are the benefits others listed as well as mens locker rooms for spa area that we can use for showers because we'll have four of us getting ready for dinner at the same time. Look forward to using the spa features, including the T-pool (while our kids are using waterworks). But with one sea day on a 9-day cruise, it's questionable how much time we'll really spend there.

Not sure if Magic is the same as the Dream but the Spa cabins on Deck 11 that are covered are also non-smoking. We had to sign a non-smoking agreement when we boarded.

Not sure if Magic is the same as the Dream but the Spa cabins on Deck 11 that are covered are also non-smoking. We had to sign a non-smoking agreement when we boarded.

We just booked Deck 12 to be a little further away from the smoking deck (Deck 10). It's probably very little difference and I went both ways on that and the benefits of a covered balcony. For a few extra $s and the convenience of being on the Spa Deck, we decided on that. Of course, my deck's quads filled up and there are quads on Deck 11 and they are getting a benefit of an ES price drop. Can't win 'em all.

My husband and I booked a Spa Balcony on the Dream in June 2010. The room was fabulous as is the Spa. However, the balcony was anything but private. There is no roof over the balcony and the floor above is where people walk on the deck and can see directly into your balcony. When we were leaving Florida, people were hanging over us and the condensation on their drinks were dripping on us. Worse yet, someone flicked an ash from a cigarette and it landed on my new white capris. During the voyage, while we were trying to enjoy the balcony during the evening, there was a couple making out above us (hot and heavy, perfectly aware of our presence) and another time during the morning, another couple was hanging over watching the sunrise and talking loudly while we were trying to enjoy our coffee and sunrise too. I didn't begrudge them their pleasure, it just wasn't the private moment we had in mind, especially when our balcony was advertised as our own private balcony in the literature. We found cigarette butts and other debris in the mornings including a banana peel one morning. During the day, it was so hot with the sun beaming down, you couldn't walk barefoot on the deck or stay out for a very long period of time.

I have read other posts from cruisers on Spa Deck balconies that have had teenagers throwing hard candy at them and when they called for assistance were told the was not enough staff to help them with their problem.

We have cuised previously on the Conquest and the Liberty and really enjoyed our private balconies. There are a few Spa Balcony Cabins below the Spa deck which I would recommend and which we have booked on our next cruise in April.

Other than the balcony, our cruise was wonderful and we are looking forward to our next one.

Hope this helps,

Naturzlvr

IMG_4939.jpg.3097c01888315df70c8bc5f0d8d6d2df.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg.c41473587494110a6532ab775d4a7fb6.jpg

My husband and I booked a Spa Balcony on the Dream in June 2010. The room was fabulous as is the Spa. However, the balcony was anything but private. There is no roof over the balcony and the floor above is where people walk on the deck and can see directly into your balcony. When we were leaving Florida, people were hanging over us and the condensation on their drinks were dripping on us. Worse yet, someone flicked an ash from a cigarette and it landed on my new white capris. During the voyage, while we were trying to enjoy the balcony during the evening, there was a couple making out above us (hot and heavy, perfectly aware of our presence) and another time during the morning, another couple was hanging over watching the sunrise and talking loudly while we were trying to enjoy our coffee and sunrise too. I didn't begrudge them their pleasure, it just wasn't the private moment we had in mind, especially when our balcony was advertised as our own private balcony in the literature. We found cigarette butts and other debris in the mornings including a banana peel one morning. During the day, it was so hot with the sun beaming down, you couldn't walk barefoot on the deck or stay out for a very long period of time.

I have read other posts from cruisers on Spa Deck balconies that have had teenagers throwing hard candy at them and when they called for assistance were told the was not enough staff to help them with their problem.

Wow, was that cabin 12215 by any chance? We had the same issues...for some reason, people on the Serenity deck just kept congregating right over our balcony at all hours of the day and night.

"Hey, bet you're enjoying that private balcony, huh?"

2036982770079365048S600x600Q85.jpg

What a coincidence - we were in 12215. We did not notice any of the smell you mentioned in your review so the problem must have been solved when we cruised in June. The balcony was our biggest disappointment on that cruise.

We have cruised with Carnival seven times already and have three cruises scheduled for the remainder of the year. So far, our favorite cruise has been the Alaskan Cruise.

It looks like Carnival learned a bit from the lack of privacy on those deck 12 Dream cabins. On the Magic, there doesn't seem to be an area (maybe a small one) where passengers on the starboard side can overlook the deck balconies. They put a second level of the spa on deck 14 and the Serenity deck is on 15 instead. Were those passengers in the photo in the serenity area on deck 14 of the Dream? It doesn't appear that anyone can be outside above those balconies on the Magic.

Edited by Ljberkow

It looks like Carnival learned a bit from the lack of privacy on those deck 12 Dream cabins. On the Magic, there doesn't seem to be an area (maybe a small one) where passengers on the starboard side can overlook the deck balconies. They put a second level of the spa on deck 14 and the Serenity deck is on 15 instead. Were those passengers in the photo in the serenity area on deck 14 of the Dream? It doesn't appear that anyone can be outside above those balconies on the Magic.

Yes, that was looking straight up from the balcony on 12215 to the deck 14 Serenity area directly above. On the starboard side, all of the cabins from 12209 back were completely exposed.

I just looked at the deck plans for the Carnival Magic, and it does indeed look like they've corrected that design "feature". I wonder if that was in the original plan, or if they altered it based on feedback from the Dream.

One other note, not sure if this question is specific to the Dream or Splendor but I highly recommend NOT booking cabin 12216 on the Dream. The stairs to the water slide are along the wall beside this cabin...there is no "sleeping in" in the mornings with the pitter patter of not so little feet up and down those stairs.

If I did it all over again, I would book below on deck 11.

We had this room on the 12/3/2009 cruise and loved it!! We never weere bothered by noise and liked the convenience of the door to the deck right by our room. We are not light sleepers so that may make a difference!!

• 1 year later...
How "suite" it is... These pampering staterooms feature spa-like décor, offer private access to Cloud 9 Spa, and extra luxuries such as unlimited use of the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.

Guests are also given exclusive spa packages consisting of Elemis products and more (packages are for 1st & 2nd guests ONLY; packages for 3rd & 4th guests will incur additional fees).

Spa Packages Include:

- Elemis bath & beauty products

- Priority for booking spa appointments

- Complimentary fitness classes (2)

- Exclusive spa stateroom amenities

- Spa towels, bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

What is the Cloud 9 Spa?

The Cloud 9 Spa and Spa Accommodations are on the Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic boast an impressive 40,000 square foot area, creating a spa resort atop these magnificent floating resorts. The spa and fitness centers are 23,750 square feet (21,000 sq ft on the Splendor) and encompass two forward decks. In addition to the fitness area, the spas have a number of features such as a Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, including indoor and outdoor relaxation areas and additional treatment rooms. Some of the facilities are capacity controlled and extra charges may apply.

Note: For those guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom, we offer Day Passes to use the Thalassotherapy Pool and the Thermal Suite for ($40). Voyage Passes are available - cost depends on the length of the cruise.

Spa Features

Harmony

The Thalassotherapy Pool, covered by a glass dome featuring jets of water jets massaging your body as it soaks in ionized water. The pool featuring jets of water jets massaging your body as it soaks in ionized water at temperature 91°F temperature (33°C).

Tranquility

An elaborate and exclusive Thermal Suite, which offers intensive relaxation and a new sensory experience provided through 4 individually, designed heat therapy chambers to cleanse, tone and purify the body, using dry and wet heat chambers. Note: For those guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom, a fee applies.

Dry Heat Chambers:

• Laconium: is a large dry heat bath / sauna-like chamber, wherein body circulation is stimulated, thereby facilitating the elimination of metabolic waste accelerated and mobilizing the body's own defenses, while reducing stress. Body circulation is stimulated at a temperature of 55°-65° C or 131 - 149° F which facilitates the elimination of metabolic waste accelerated and mobilizes the body's own defenses, while reducing stress.
  • Tepidarium: is the relaxation / rest area with the ergonomically shaped heated loungers for intensive relaxation, often referred to as the classic transition area of the spa, where you complete the process of regeneration. The classic transition area of the spa, where you complete the process of regeneration with ambient temperatures around 38° C or 100.4° F.

Steam Chambers:

• Oriental Steam Bath: is typically referred to as a large steam chamber called the Caldarium. The high humidity and radiant heat provides an extremely relaxing climate, which has a purifying effect on the whole body. The high humidity provides an extremely relaxing climate. The respiratory tract is cleansed, circulation stimulated, muscle tension relaxed, the skin becomes pliant and supple. Temperature: 40 - 50° C or 104 - 112° F.
  • Aroma Steam Bath: is typically referred to as the small intimate chamber called the steam aromatic grotto. The high humidity and radiant heat creates a moist, warm climate in the Aroma Steam Bath that gently but thoroughly cleanses the skin and respiratory tract, with herbal steam (sweet odors such as cinnamon, orange or apple) can additionally support the cleaning effect. The circulation is stimulated, muscle tension relaxed, stress is reduced, limbs and joint pains relieved. Temperature: approximately 40 - 50° C or 104 - 112° F.

17 Beauty and Treatment Rooms, Including the Following:

Rasul Bath - A treatment that provides a unique and special sensory experience with the application of various mud treatments.

7th Heaven - Relaxation Room

Nirvana and Utopia - 2 private VIP Suites (treatment rooms)

HTH

Thank you for the info ;)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this information & pictures. We just booked a spa balcony room on the dream. I can hardly wait to try out our amenities. I will most likely purchase those towels as well. We went on a carnival cruise in 2003 & bought those towels in blue. They are 10 years old & still have lots of life in them. A great souvenir & investment.

• 6 months later...
My husband and I booked a Spa Balcony on the Dream in June 2010. The room was fabulous as is the Spa. However, the balcony was anything but private. There is no roof over the balcony and the floor above is where people walk on the deck and can see directly into your balcony.

Hope this helps,

Naturzlvr

What deck # were you on?

• 1 month later...

Check to make sure the upgrade includes the Cloud 9 Spa amenities, i.e., free use of T-pool, sauna and steam rooms, etc. I once read on here that when you are offered an "upgrade," it does not necessarily include these. If these are items you are not interested in taking advantage of, then the location will be the only decision you will need to make. I am curious as to what others say.

Also, if you prefer to not share your area with smokers, the Cloud 9 spa cabins have non-smoking balconies.

Edited by iceleven