Formal Night

hamrag

It is 3 years since we cruised RCI, and we will be on Brilliance from Dubai February. For those who frequently sail RCI, what % of men would you say wear tuxedo etc. on formal nights? Also for the ladies, what % formal gown or similar. We enjoy formal dressing, but wish to assess what others do these days. Thanks.

This is a hot topic that people really love to discuss. Be prepared to get all types of answers. You will fit right in if you both choose to wear a tux and a gown. But, you'll also fit in if you bring a cocktail dress/ shirt& tie. We go for the latter look. Formal is interpreted many ways on RCI and you should be fine no matter what you choose.

This is a hot topic that people really love to discuss. Be prepared to get all types of answers. You will fit right in if you both choose to wear a tux and a gown. But, you'll also fit in if you bring a cocktail dress/ shirt& tie. We go for the latter look. Formal is interpreted many ways on RCI and you should be fine no matter what you choose.

OK, that has been our experience in recent years on other formal lines. Thanks for responding.

from my experience on ID, on 10% of men wear tux's. About 60% women wear cocktail/ball gown

From my most recent experiences, your % for women wearing ball gowns is rather high..cocktail dresses-dressy pants and tops are now in the majority on most cruises..Ball gowns are starting to look rather dated on women (JMHO and maybe not others who want to wear those bridesmaid/mother of the bride dresses one more time), not to mention the airline weight enforcements on luggage....But whatever you feel is the most comfortable for you...ENJOY... I'm sure you'll look and feel great !!!!

Tux and Military Mess Dress for me and the wife is always in a formal. we are the minority like 10-15% for me and 20-30% for her, but we don't care, I love looking nice and the pics are wonderful. Just go for it and set the standard.

Just got back from the 9 day on Enchantment of the Seas. We had two formal nights. On both days I saw 1 white dinner jacket, a few tuxes, 2 kilts (love them!), many black suits and some more casual dockers/dress shirt combos. It ran the spectrum for the ladies as well - a minority of actual formal gowns, some more casual clothes, and the majority of women wore black skirts/pants with dressy or sparkly tops. I'm sure the price for checking bags is affecting the dress code in a practical way.

It is 3 years since we cruised RCI, and we will be on Brilliance from Dubai February. For those who frequently sail RCI, what % of men would you say wear tuxedo etc. on formal nights? Also for the ladies, what % formal gown or similar. We enjoy formal dressing, but wish to assess what others do these days. Thanks.

Thank you all so much for responses.

Any others like to give their experiences?

Archived