welcome back party

golfb4cruzing

If it was posted then it was a mistake. You only know when it is scheduled when you receive the invitation in the cabin. That was they can cut off some of the party crashers.

So, yes they still have it but it's called a Past Guest party.

I seem to remember that only past guests can attend, even if they are traveling/rooming with a new guest. I am a past guest and will be sailing with my husband next month, who is not a past guest. Does anyone know for sure if he will be invited as 'my' guest, or will the invitation only come to me?

I seem to remember that only past guests can attend, even if they are traveling/rooming with a new guest. I am a past guest and will be sailing with my husband next month, who is not a past guest. Does anyone know for sure if he will be invited as 'my' guest, or will the invitation only come to me?

I know for sure he will NOT receive a invite. He isnt a past guest, so why would he get a invite .. thats not saying you cant talk them into letting him in, but no one can say for sure carnival will allow this.

The invitation will come to you. Some have been able to bring guests without a problem, while others have reported having guests without an invitation turned away. I guess it depends on who is guarding the door to the party!

It will NOT be in funtimes. You will get invitation cards the night before with time/meeting place. ONLY past cruisers will get invites and only with an invite will you be allowed in.

I spoke to the CD prior to the past guest party and asked him if I could bring a friend that I was sailing with. He thanked me for asking and said that they account for a few non-past guests, like SO's and those assisting elderly guests. I was given permission that she could attend with me, but to make sure to tell the person at the door that he said it was ok. The CD saw us and came over and told the person taking the tickets it was ok for her to join me. We did see people getting turned away without the invitiation.

My suggustion would be to talk to your CD and get permission to take your DH with you.

Thanks for the kind replies!

I really don't care about going badly enough to try to get them to allow my husband in. I won't go without him so I will just skip it. I don't like to ask authorities to make exceptions for me. While *I* believe us cruising to celebrate being reunited after a 5 year separation is pretty special, I can see that it might not be so special to staff members, lol.

I spoke to the CD prior to the past guest party and asked him if I could bring a friend that I was sailing with. He thanked me for asking and said that they account for a few non-past guests, like SO's and those assisting elderly guests. I was given permission that she could attend with me, but to make sure to tell the person at the door that he said it was ok. The CD saw us and came over and told the person taking the tickets it was ok for her to join me. We did see people getting turned away without the invitiation.

My suggustion would be to talk to your CD and get permission to take your DH with you.

Thanks for the suggestion, Rena. If an opportunity arises to do that, I might. But, probably won't seek the CD out just for this purpose. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, Rena. If an opportunity arises to do that, I might. But, probably won't seek the CD out just for this purpose. :)

Neither would I but we were just chatting with him about other stuff for quite a while and I just happened to ask:). He had some really interesting stories...

I have always taken my traveling companion, who was not a repeater, to these parties w/o issue. I simply introduce them at the door, this is my DH, dear friend, mother, etc. It would be rude to exclude my traveling companion from this party. Now if my traveling companion were more than one, I would not take more than one with me to this event. In fact, have skipped the repeater party when I have sailed with a group of friends.

Taking SO, friend, parental unit has been done on many resort mass market lines; e.g., CCL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity.

I know for sure he will NOT receive a invite. He isnt a past guest, so why would he get a invite .. thats not saying you cant talk them into letting him in, but no one can say for sure carnival will allow this.
You might be surprised -- I personally know three people who were not past guests and DID receive invitations on two different cruises.

On one cruise, a couple was cruising with us and I was surprised when we walked into the party and they were there as well. I didn't know she had been on Carnival before because she said she didn't have a past guest number when we booked. Turns out, she had been on Mardi Gras years before but had forgotten about it. Her husband had never been on any cruise before, but they both got invitations to the PGP.

On another cruise, my 16 y/o niece was in a cabin with two of her friends. My niece was the only past guest in that room, yet all three of them got invitations. Incidentally, we were cruising with a dozen or so other people, all past cruisers except the two. My husband and I didn't even receive invitations at all, so we had to get them from Guest Services.

Neither would I but we were just chatting with him about other stuff for quite a while and I just happened to ask:). He had some really interesting stories...

Exactly, that is how I would do it, too! Honestly, I didn't know the CD was even available to chat with, so I appreciate your information!

You might be surprised -- I personally know three people who were not past guests and DID receive invitations on two different cruises.

On one cruise, a couple was cruising with us and I was surprised when we walked into the party and they were there as well. I didn't know she had been on Carnival before because she said she didn't have a past guest number when we booked. Turns out, she had been on Mardi Gras years before but had forgotten about it. Her husband had never been on any cruise before, but they both got invitations to the PGP.

On another cruise, my 16 y/o niece was in a cabin with two of her friends. My niece was the only past guest in that room, yet all three of them got invitations. Incidentally, we were cruising with a dozen or so other people, all past cruisers except the two. My husband and I didn't even receive invitations at all, so we had to get them from Guest Services.

Thanks, crusiemom2! This is what I wondering if they ever have done before. I realize they can't accommodate all non-past guest traveling partners of all past guests - that would mean everyone on the ship would get an invitation, lol. But, it appears they DO sometimes extend an invitation to the non-past guest. :)

I have always taken my traveling companion, who was not a repeater, to these parties w/o issue. I simply introduce them at the door, this is my DH, dear friend, mother, etc. It would be rude to exclude my traveling companion from this party. Now if my traveling companion were more than one, I would not take more than one with me to this event. In fact, have skipped the repeater party when I have sailed with a group of friends.

Taking SO, friend, parental unit has been done on many resort mass market lines; e.g., CCL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity.

Exactly. I wouldn't dream of asking for permission for a group to attend with me. But, one, I might try. Thanks for your information!

Last year I went on my first Carnival cruise with 3 of my girlfriends. We knew nothing of the party, as it was by invitation only. At the liquor tasting event, we made friends with a lovely couple whom we kept up with all week (and still do!) The 2 of them were past guests as well as their 2 tablemates, and none of them had any first time cruisers accompanying them. The 4 of them offered to bring the 4 of us to the Past Guest Party as their guests. We each paired off with one of them, and as they handed their invitation at the door, said, "She is my guest." There was no problem at all.

If you are concerned and really want to go, ask the CD as others have said. If its not a big deal, just go and see what they say. Good luck!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget about the farewell party!

Yes!!!

I couldn't find the party listed in the Capers someone had posted on the 5 day Spirit cruise. They are definitely doing it? How is it listed?

The Fun Farewell party is always the last night of the cruise around the 5-5:30 hour as I recall. It has been in the FunTimes my last couple cruises, but only in tiny print. They also announced it over the PA system. It is apparently not highly publicized because attendance is not always that great. The last night of the cruise around the dinner hour probably keeps alot of people away, but I say plan ahead.. as there will be free drinks galore. I suggest getting your packing done early so that little task is out of the way before party time. :D

Yes!!!

The Fun Farewell party is always the last night of the cruise around the 5-5:30 hour as I recall. It has been in the FunTimes my last couple cruises, but only in tiny print. They also announced it over the PA system. It is apparently not highly publicized because attendance is not always that great. The last night of the cruise around the dinner hour probably keeps alot of people away, but I say plan ahead.. as there will be free drinks galore. I suggest getting your packing done early so that little task is out of the way before party time. :D

Thanks! I hope I find it! I'll be ready.

Archived