Professional acts on P&O

u2cruiser

On Ventura we were lucky enough to have Jimmy James onboard. His shows were brilliant and made our cruise all the more special.

I wondered which other famous entertainers/acts (not tributes) you may have seen on P&O in recent times? :)

On Ventura we were lucky enough to have Jimmy James onboard. His shows were brilliant and made our cruise all the more special.

I wondered which other famous entertainers/acts (not tributes) you may have seen on P&O in recent times? :)

Tom O'Connor and Des O'Conner were on Azura for Christmas/ New Year 2010/11

Darren Day has performed on a couple of our cruises. He was better than I expected until he brought his wife onstage to belt out a couple of songs, then it went rapidly downhill:eek:.

Not really celebs but we had a couple of choreographers from Strictly onboard as well. Really nice people and something a bit different to the norm.

Debbie:)

While we've had what might be termed celebrities on board, especially on the World Cruise sectors we did last year, the best we have ever had was Clem Curtis - from the Foundations - who at 70 was still amazing.

Wow! Great band in their time. Everyone knows their songs. Bet you were dancing in the aisles :D Jimmy James is the same age and is still amazing too.

Darren Day has performed on a couple of our cruises. He was better than I expected until he brought his wife onstage to belt out a couple of songs, then it went rapidly downhill:eek:.

Not really celebs but we had a couple of choreographers from Strictly onboard as well. Really nice people and something a bit different to the norm.

Ugh! Were you slithering under the seats? :eek: :D

Wow! Great band in their time. Everyone knows their songs. Bet you were dancing in the aisles :D Jimmy James is the same age and is still amazing too.

They (we) certainly were all up in the aisles. He also sang Happy Birthday - in the style of Marilyn Monroe singing to JFK - to my husband later in the nightclub. He was a really nice guy and it was sweet of him.

They (we) certainly were all up in the aisles. He also sang Happy Birthday - in the style of Marilyn Monroe singing to JFK - to my husband later in the nightclub. He was a really nice guy and it was sweet of him.

What a great way for these Motown old timers to continue their career, cruising the oceans with a few shows thrown in.

We were on Azura and the acts were definitely has-beens and not good at all. I thoroughly enjoyed the Headliners, but the single acts were Martin Daniels, another bloke whose name escapes me. The female singer was dire. So don't think it's anything to do with the ship.

We had Clem Curtis on our last Artemis cruise. His first night - great. His second, dreadful. Oh well! LOL

Charlie Williams..Paul Daniels... Ray Allen.. Flora Hurd... Lional Blair ( who was rubbish and not a bit like you see on TV not friendly at all !!)

Sue Hollerdness ( fools and horses)..Bobby Knutt ( one of the Dingles and comedien)

Cant recall any more just now but Im sure there are more

Charlie Williams..Paul Daniels... Ray Allen.. Flora Hurd... Lional Blair ( who was rubbish and not a bit like you see on TV not friendly at all !!)

Sue Hollerdness ( fools and horses)..Bobby Knutt ( one of the Dingles and comedien)

Cant recall any more just now but Im sure there are more

Quite a line up :D

Charlie Williams lived quite close to me. He used to walk round Barnsley town centre speaking to everyone. Lovely chap.

Did you like Paul Daniels? (not a lot) and was the lovely Debbie with him? ;)

I'm surprised at Lionel Blair. I would expect him tapping his way round the decks :D

Ugh! Were you slithering under the seats? :eek: :D

No it was a bit hard to do because I had my fingers in my ears trying to block out his tone deaf wife:eek:.

We've also seen Showaddywaddy (on our first cruise which was a 70s theme) who were brilliant!

Also, David Copperfield (unfortunately not the American magician) who has to be the worst act we've ever seen onboard. He was a shambling mess and appeared to be under the influence of something:cool:.

If you think P&O serve up has beens, I've seen Rennee from 'Renee and Renata' on RCI Splendour. Don't know what happened to Renata?

LOL! Did she have to sing both parts of 'save your love'?

According to wiki, he died in 2009. :(

LOL! Did she have to sing both parts of 'save your love'?

According to wiki, he died in 2009. :(

No it was the chap - I thought Renata was the woman - it was about 2003, at least he spent his last few years on the ships. BTW he did sing both parts to 'save your love'!

Archived