Travel time needed from port (rome,italy) to Airport?

juanarcin

Help! I am taking my first cruise and am departing From Rome. I gave myself 4 days before the cruise to see rome, but after the cruise will be leaving the same day. Most flights with deals are early morning but I dont want to take risks of missing them. My ship lands at five am...what would be the earliest flight you would take?

It can take more than an hour at the airport just for check in and all the security checks. Actually, 90 minutes is more like it. DaVinci Airport can be totally insane.

That airport IS insane. The lines are set up by Airline and Destination, totally confusing. Alitalia seems to have at least 2 terminals alone.

If you are flying an American airline you will go to an out building get processed' then take a shuttle (with your luggage) to the terminal. Then you will do regular checkin.

What time does your cruiseline suggest? If no suggestions look at a bus tour that ends at the airport. That should give you an idea of flight times.

Archived