Have you ever go ashore and left the kids in club?

Jo and Rob

I was under the impression that you couldn't go ashore and leave the children on board.

Kids have done the dirty on us now though, they have gone on a cruise and left us to look after their home :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can't see us doing it as we like to experience the ports as a family but on Costa several people did trips and left the children in club. They actually opened club 30 mins before the excursions started and openly advertised it.

What are the hours of the club on P&O?

Hi

The opening hours seem to vary according to the ship

On Ventura last year they opened about 9am and were open til about 10.30. There was also a sign in slumber time til about 12pm too!!!!!! (This was for younger kids - don't know about older kids!)

Sue

Royal Caribbean allow you to go ashore and leave your kids in the kids club but P&O do not allow this.

I believe the club opens around 9am and stays open til late evening.

Brian

Yes, strange that! RCI let you go ashore and leave your kids in the club all day, yet they have young, moronic and stupid, non qualified staff, who are degree educated in anything but childcare and P&O have fully qualified, childcare staff, nursery nurses or teachers as their staff and don't allow it.

Does this say anything about the British "nanny state"? Health and Safety gone mad!!! We insist on fully qualified staff to look after the kids on cruises but parents MUST be on board, yet the Americans, Italians and Germans don't have qualified staff on their ships and let the parents go ashore :confused::confused::confused:

Yes, strange that! RCI let you go ashore and leave your kids in the club all day, yet they have young, moronic and stupid, non qualified staff, who are degree educated in anything but childcare and P&O have fully qualified, childcare staff, nursery nurses or teachers as their staff and don't allow it.

Does this say anything about the British "nanny state"? Health and Safety gone mad!!! We insist on fully qualified staff to look after the kids on cruises but parents MUST be on board, yet the Americans, Italians and Germans don't have qualified staff on their ships and let the parents go ashore :confused::confused::confused:

I feel quite often that our nanny state has gone toooooooooooooooo far, but on this case, as a caring parent and grandparent, I know which one I prefer.

But ponder this. Your children are on a cruise with you. Is it not in their 'education' to take them ashore with you in foreign ports?

Mike

But ponder this. Your children are on a cruise with you. Is it not in their 'education' to take them ashore with you in foreign ports?

Mike

Absolutely agree Mike, occasionally our children don't want to accompany us to shore (I know it's hard to believe!) and want to stay in the kids club. :mad:

The neoclassical architecture, the palastrabutresses, the gothic spires and all the history that goes with them just can't compete with Just Dance 2 or Mr Bump :confused:

what would happen is for some unknown reason you missed the ship or had an accident....or if they had an accident or something, that would be my worry.....:eek:

On P&O the ship never leaves behind passengers booked on its own excursions. If I had an accident while on a P&O excursion I would expect them to make sure my partner got back to the ship. If they had an accident I would expect them to deal with it the same way any school would :rolleyes:

RCI poisoned my son while in the kids club. They gave him pizza despite being told he was allergic to tomato puree. The idiot in charge didn't realise that pizza had tomato puree in it! We were on board and they didn't contact us because they tried to cover up their incompetance without informing us of the situation, so it really doesn't matter if you are on board or ashore!:eek:

On P&O the ship never leaves behind passengers booked on its own excursions. If I had an accident while on a P&O excursion I would expect them to make sure my partner got back to the ship. If they had an accident I would expect them to deal with it the same way any school would :rolleyes:

k:

I remember several years ago, the ship did in fact have to depart without a considerable number of passengers when sea conditions worsened so much they couldn't risk using the tenders any longer. The passengers were bussed miles away - eventually! But it took a long time.

The same thing very nearly happened on a cruise we were on in the Caribbean - only then of course it would have been more tricky to move hundreds of passengers - fortunately they managed to get them back, but severely damaged the tender in the process.

So it does happen.

You have to take them with you.. remember they know you have gone ashore as you have to swipe your cruise card when you go ashore...

That's how the kids club staff keep track of you during the evening. A handy tip is buy a drink from the bar your leaving if you don't want to be hunted down by the staff ;)

quote]

Blimey Rosie I thought we were the only ones who thought that about RCI youth staff:eek:.

Nice to know we're not alone:D

Debbie:)

quote]

Blimey Rosie I thought we were the only ones who thought that about RCI youth staff.

Nice to know we're not alone:D

That's not all. We took our son (who has ADHD) to the welcome meeting to ask if they would be able to accept him in the group. "No problem" was the answer from the kids club manager "We deal with retards all the time" :mad:

Our Daughter (who was 4 at the time) burnt her fingers on a 10,000 watt lightbulb in the main dining room causing severe listering to her hands and fingers. :mad::mad:

I wouldn't trust RCI with my kids as far as I would throw one of their ships :mad:

That's not all. We took our son (who has ADHD) to the welcome meeting to ask if they would be able to accept him in the group. "No problem" was the answer from the kids club manager "We deal with retards all the time" :mad:

Our Daughter (who was 4 at the time) burnt her fingers on a 10,000 watt lightbulb in the main dining room causing severe listering to her hands and fingers. :mad::mad:

I wouldn't trust RCI with my kids as far as I would throw one of their ships :mad:

OMG!!!! That is appalling. You must have shown remarkable self-control not to wipe his smug mug up and down the deck for several hours!

We've only done one RCI cruise - that was enough:rolleyes:.

We have sailed on 2 RCI cruises and our kids have had no problems in the kids club - that's not to say things never happen as has been reported on here.

We are doing our 1st P&O cruise on 5th Feb and I noticed that you can't leave the children onboard and I tend to agree with this! Why would you choose a cruise that visits ports that your children wouldn't be happy to visit if you are taking them with you on the cruise :confused:

Archived