Have you ever go ashore and left the kids in club?

Jo and Rob

OMG!!!! That is appalling. You must have shown remarkable self-control not to wipe his smug mug up and down the deck for several hours!

We've only done one RCI cruise - that was enough:rolleyes:.

Debbie:)

I am not mad on RCI kids clubs either. I looked round with my 4 year old when we sailed in June. He had happily played in P&O kids club several months later but took an instant dislike to RCI. First of all there were hardly any toys around. Then when we were shown the programme it was clear that they have a different activity every 15 mins. I asked if it was a mix of free play and structured activities and was told "no they all join in activities as a group" and was told "it will be a problem if he won't join in". I then asked if I could stay and settle him in and was told again "that will be a problem". At that point I gave in and decided I couldn't be bothered and my son couldn't get out quick enough. I think they are pretty awful for pre-schoolers as their programme does not resemble nursery/pre-school provision that we are used to in the UK. It is just too structured.

P&O is just great for my kids and my son is still talking about being on Azura/Ventura last year.

I can understand why P&O don't allow you to leave your kids on board. You are not contactable ashore for a start. You could be miles away, half up a volcano, like us in Messina, all sorts of things. When they are school at least the school has a contact number for a parent.

Archived