Docking in Rouen question.

KENANDPAT

Trip in took about 2 hours. It was lovely. Rouen is nice. Also, the train to Paris is a quick hour. I took the ship shuttle to the train station and took the train to St. Lazarre...easy and cheap. They sell senior tickets RT which cost us a lot less than the ship's bus to Paris. We also got there quicker and had a full day. Enjoy.

You can get the train schedules online...and I also got senior rt billets which were a lot less than the cruise ship's bus. And, the train got me into Paris several hours earlier. The cruises bus takes 2 hours and drops off/pick up near the Eiffel tower. Not the best location for doing Paris on your own. Gare St. Lazarre connects directly to the Metro and it is close to many places which you can walk to.

Thanks for the info, we are thinking of the July 28th 2010 cruise on the Journey. The itinerary looks fantastic.

Do you mean 2012? I started to look at that one. We have never been on anything but larger ships on mass market cruise lines and had been thinking of Princess' Britsh Isles. But this itinerary looks amazing, especially with the multiple overnights in Rouen and Dublin. My biggest fear about Azamara, in comparison to Princess, was lack of things to do in the evening. But with overnights in Rouen and Dublin, that's a great opportunity for nightlife in ports. That sounds great and worth the extra price of Azamara.

Oops! I did mean 2012. We have been sailing with Princess every year for a while now. March will be our first time on Azamara and I think we will be spoiled. I'm going to wait a bit to see if they come out with some incentives for the 2012 cruises. We did get a great deal for our upcoming cruise so the price was almost comparable to Princess once you took into consideration that tipping/coffee/soda/wine with lunch and dinner is included. We are looking forward to not being charged for every little thing.

Oops! I did mean 2012. We have been sailing with Princess every year for a while now. March will be our first time on Azamara and I think we will be spoiled. I'm going to wait a bit to see if they come out with some incentives for the 2012 cruises. We did get a great deal for our upcoming cruise so the price was almost comparable to Princess once you took into consideration that tipping/coffee/soda/wine with lunch and dinner is included. We are looking forward to not being charged for every little thing.

I think this is something we want to try. Azamara may have to change this itinerary as they are now looking to keep the ship in London for the two weeks beginning 7/27 for the Olympics. Maybe they will move this one up a couple of weeks. We like this itinerary more than Princess' British Isles itinerary. The thought of three days in Paris and two in Dublin is very intriguing.

Archived