Anybody been in an aft cabin on Azura or Ventura across the Bay of Biscay?

tartanexile81

We've booked an aft cabin on Azura for a cruise later this year and we're now a bit worried it could be a bit uncomfortable if the weather is rough in the BoB. Only had one really rough crossing (well actually two because it was the same on the outward as well as the return journey!) and that was on Oriana a couple of years ago. Our cabin was mid-ships and we were fine there but couldn't stand the motion in the Crows Nest or the Oriental Restaurant.

Had an aft cabin on Ruby Princess last year and loved it but the Med was like a mill-pond for 14 days and didn't think about the Bay when booking this time.

Not on Azura or Ventura, though we cruise back from Barbados in one on C deck in March.

We have done numerous cruises in an aft cabin on Arcadia - through the Bay of Biscay and right the way back from Hong Kong as well. We have never found it a problem.

We've booked an aft cabin on Azura for a cruise later this year and we're now a bit worried it could be a bit uncomfortable if the weather is rough in the BoB. Only had one really rough crossing (well actually two because it was the same on the outward as well as the return journey!) and that was on Oriana a couple of years ago. Our cabin was mid-ships and we were fine there but couldn't stand the motion in the Crows Nest or the Oriental Restaurant.

Had an aft cabin on Ruby Princess last year and loved it but the Med was like a mill-pond for 14 days and didn't think about the Bay when booking this time.

Hi - we were in an Aft cabin last april and whilst the BoB was fine we had a massive storm in the Gulf of Lions in the Med!!!!!!

We had hurricane force winds, thunder and lightening, heavy rain for several hours. Several cabins were flooded ( I think they were C deck midship) I thought Ventura handled it really and would have no problem being in an aft cabin again. I get seasick as soon as it gets rough too!!Just take some good sea sickness tablets with you just in case. I use Sturgeron which works well for me. My dh and dd (aged 4) both slept through it all!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry I'm sure it will be fine

Sue

Having always secured a midships cabin by booking early we had just 3 choices of cabin for our US/Canada cruise. All were forward cabins but,having crossed the Atlantic a few times, we took one,well forward, had very rough seas and found it ti be no worse than a midships cabin.

If you are a seasoned cruiser that does not feel the ill effects of lumpy seas then, and I thought that I would never say this, any cabin will do. For us, as long as it has a balcony, then it is fine.

Snce then we have had an aft balcony cabin and I would say that,you do not get the swish of the seas,that you do in a midship cabin, much more peaceful on your balcony.

Some aft cabins on some ships are overlooked as are those midship ones on other ships. Arcadia and Azura respectively.

Midships is the place to be, not aft, but having said that, it depends on which way the sea and wind is hitting the ship. If the ship is pitching up and down, then you don't want the bow or the stern. If she is rolling from side to side, then it doesn't matter. You also don't want to be too high up in the ship. The lower down the deck, the better it is.

Archived