Cheapest way...

disneyaholicraquel

A bunch of us are cruising in 13 days and we are all flying into Miami (where the cruises depart) except 1 person. We have rooms booked at a Miami airport hotel so, we will take advantage of the airport shuttle. Now my question is what is the cheapest way the one person can get to the hotel from FLL without renting a car (she's afraid to drive by herself)???

A bunch of us are cruising in 13 days and we are all flying into Miami (where the cruises depart) except 1 person. We have rooms booked at a Miami airport hotel so, we will take advantage of the airport shuttle. Now my question is what is the cheapest way the one person can get to the hotel from FLL without renting a car (she's afraid to drive by herself)???

try SAS transportation.

A taxi will run $75-85 :eek:

Shuttle services are available - try Go Airport shuttle ( http://www.floridalimo.com/ ). SAS (www.ridesas.com) is often suggested on these boards, but typically will not service MIA unless you have a group (6+). :(

Maybe one of you "brave" MIA passengers could rent a car and give your "scared" FLL friend a ride to the hotel. :confused:

Good luck! :)

How would she do this? Is it located in the airport?

SAS wants $60...yikes

It is pretty easy. You take a well marked Tri-Rail shuttle bus from the FLL airport to the station and board the train south to Miami and get off at the Miami Airport station - which is the terminal station so you cannot miss it. Then take the shuttle to Miami airport. It is all easy and well marked, the Miami station is also where rental cars are picked up, so there are lots of shuttles back to the main terminal.

It is a little more hassle than a car service....but for less than $4 it is worth it IMO.

For more information you can visit:http://www.tri-rail.com

or call 1-800-TriRail (1-800-874-7245)

Steve

Like a prior person, call GO,Super Shuttleor Soflalimo. All have web sites. Specify SHARED shuttle. Always confirm res. a few days prior. \One of them will be able to get her to Miami, probably under $25 pp. SAS is kind of a jerk. Told me I lived in a MB hotel then refused service. They stood up my friend once also. There are complicated commerce rules down here between the various counties to prevent monoplies in transportation business.

Like a prior person, call GO,Super Shuttleor Soflalimo. All have web sites. Specify SHARED shuttle. Always confirm res. a few days prior. \One of them will be able to get her to Miami, probably under $25 pp. SAS is kind of a jerk. Told me I lived in a MB hotel then refused service. They stood up my friend once also. There are complicated commerce rules down here between the various counties to prevent monoplies in transportation business.

Thanks, just booked GO Shuttle for $24.15....

Tri-rail is plenty safe, even at night. It is not the elevated metro system in Miami, which is also reasonably safe at night and has manned stations and frequent train walk through by staff/police. Tri-Rail is the commuter train line in south Florida.

With that said, if it makes one feel uncomfortable then I suppose the extra $20-$50 may be worth it.

Steve

Tri-rail is plenty safe, even at night. It is not the elevated metro system in Miami, which is also reasonably safe at night and has manned stations and frequent train walk through by staff/police. Tri-Rail is the commuter train line in south Florida.

With that said, if it makes one feel uncomfortable then I suppose the extra $20-$50 may be worth it.

Steve

If you were to meet my friend you would totally understand why I booked the shuttle. She's not really....for a lack of a better term "self-sufficient"....she relies on her husband for everything. So, instead of her ending up in China and crying this is the easiest route.

Steve

Question - if we took the tri-rail from FLL airport to the MIA stop - instead of going to the airport or airport hotel are there cabs available (we would be heading to our hotel in Coconut Grove) - also any ideas of cost of cab from the Miami terminal station to CG?

Thanks

Question - if we took the tri-rail from FLL airport to the MIA stop - instead of going to the airport or airport hotel are there cabs available (we would be heading to our hotel in Coconut Grove) - also any ideas of cost of cab from the Miami terminal station to CG?

Thanks

From MIA to Coconut Grove is about $22+tip in a cab. Have a good cruise! :)

Archived