Changing Interior Room to Promenade Room???

JetSet2B

Did I make the right decision? I just happened to check on mt cruise and saw a price drop on Promenades and Oceanviews. Of course I wanted the ocean view but the customer service rep said I'd have to pay more for the ocean view. The Promenade Room was only one deck below the deck that I was going to be on and was an even trade. It is midship. The ONLY concern: it's a connecting stateroom. I should also mention that this booking was originally an inside guarantee so I think it worked out well overall.

You will love the PR stateroom. The room is larger. The window seat along the bay window is a great spot to watch the parades if you don't want to fight the crowd. I have been in the PR twice and never had a problem with connecting door noise. Just a word of caution....make sure your curtains are closed before you undress. People can look up from the promenade and see you;also there are the rooms on the other side of the promenade,directly across from you.:eek:

We have had connecting deck 7 and deck 8 PR cabins on several cruises and when the doors are closed we don't hear our kids or their TV. The rooms are close to everything on the Freedom class ships and we feel they are great bargains.

Enjoy your cruise!

Did I make the right decision? I just happened to check on mt cruise and saw a price drop on Promenades and Oceanviews. Of course I wanted the ocean view but the customer service rep said I'd have to pay more for the ocean view. The Promenade Room was only one deck below the deck that I was going to be on and was an even trade. It is midship. The ONLY concern: it's a connecting stateroom. I should also mention that this booking was originally an inside guarantee so I think it worked out well overall.

I think you will be happier with the PR cabin than pure inside. Oceanveiw is nice but down on the very low decks only....

Personally I like balcony or above...but know not everyone on the ship can do that....enjoy your PR cabin....you may find you want to do that cabin again and again...many I know love those cabins.

I recently had cabin 7561 on Adventure and heard quite a bit of noise through the connecting door which included lots of coughing, bathroom door closing, conversation and television. Ear plugs solved that problem, however, given a choice, I wouldn't book this cabin again. In addition, cabins directly above the Pub can be noisy.

You will love the PR stateroom. The room is larger. The window seat along the bay window is a great spot to watch the parades if you don't want to fight the crowd. I have been in the PR twice and never had a problem with connecting door noise. Just a word of caution....make sure your curtains are closed before you undress. People can look up from the promenade and see you;also there are the rooms on the other side of the promenade,directly across from you.:eek:

Actually the Promenade staterooms are smaller than the inside staterooms. They just feel larger because of the window.

I originally had an interior room as well for an upcoming cruise on the Liberty. After final payment I saw a guarantee PR was only $20 more per person. I had my travel agent call RCCL and switch us to a guarantee PR room. When we got assigned the room, we actually got a Oceanview room that is handicap accessible so it’s over 100 sq. ft. larger than both the PR and interior room. So you never know you might get upgraded to an oceanview room.

Archived