Princess change fee?!

kahluatoo

I have read so many posts in the past where passengers were told they were 'likely to be upgraded' when booking a certain category. And then when they are not, they come back here having fits. There is never a 'likelyhood to be upgraded' it is always a chance you take when booking. It doesn't matter what any CC member tells you or what a Princess CSR tells you, you just never know if it will happen or not.

If the type of stateroom you end up in means a lot to you, pay the difference now while they are still available to switch to. If you wait, don't like the cabin assigned, it is usually too late once onboard to do anything about it. Best of luck though! ;)

I have read so many posts in the past where passengers were told they were 'likely to be upgraded' when booking a certain category. And then when they are not, they come back here having fits. There is never a 'likelyhood to be upgraded' it is always a chance you take when booking. It doesn't matter what any CC member tells you or what a Princess CSR tells you, you just never know if it will happen or not.

If the type of stateroom you end up in means a lot to you, pay the difference now while they are still available to switch to. If you wait, don't like the cabin assigned, it is usually too late once onboard to do anything about it. Best of luck though! ;)

huh?:p

me thinks you did not read any of the above posts. Its changing the cruise from one week to the next not any upgrade to a different room.:rolleyes:

I agree with Coral - is it possible to miss a week of school. I remember (in the olden days) that it was up to us to go to classe. If we missed a class, that was that - we just had to keep up with the work.

That might be much easier and less expensive than changing the whole cruise to another date.

My daughter has gone back for graduate studies and the penalty for mission one class to go on our recent 10-day cruise was 2.5 points off her grade. She kept up with the work and even submitted her paper from the ship.

I've got a similar question about a change. After reading so much about needing 2 nights in Denali, I want to change our September 2011 cruisetour from the AB3 (2 nights Mckinley, 1 night Denali Princess) to the SB3 (which is the reverse). No change to anything else. Will we have to cancel and rebook? I don't want to lose our cabin. TA's not in on Thursdays so I am cringing after reading this post, and have to wait to call her til tomorrow. Can you relieve my agony? :-)

I've got a similar question about a change. After reading so much about needing 2 nights in Denali, I want to change our September 2011 cruisetour from the AB3 (2 nights Mckinley, 1 night Denali Princess) to the SB3 (which is the reverse). No change to anything else. Will we have to cancel and rebook? I don't want to lose our cabin. TA's not in on Thursdays so I am cringing after reading this post, and have to wait to call her til tomorrow. Can you relieve my agony? :-)
Since you have just reserved and not made final payment, unlike the OP, you can call your TA tomorrow and make the change. No cancellation or fee. Final payment locks you in; that's why you have to cancel and re-book, so you're good.

Since you have just reserved and not made final payment, unlike the OP, you can call your TA tomorrow and make the change. No cancellation or fee. Final payment locks you in; that's why you have to cancel and re-book, so you're good.

Thank you so much, Pam - now I can sleep tonight!

Student loan pays for living costs. I am a senior in accounting which is extremely rigorous with 5 classes this semester so I am not allowed to miss any classes (without point deductions) and it's hard to hold any sort of job right now while I am close to graduation. Enough about my personal finances.

ANYWAYS, mom isn't as mad as I thought, she is calling Princess when she's off work! They have purchased insurance, although I am not sure which kind yet. I didn't do any of the booking or talking to the Princess rep, so I don't know much about it... hope for a good (cheap) outcome! On my side, I don't see why a change from a week to another week would matter at all, but I understand collecting any fee possible is logical for a company. Everyone does it, it's just so unnecessary a lot of the time!!!

Kahluatoo, how did it all turn out?

Pam, called TA who called Princess: SB3 is booked. No other 2 night Denali Park options are available. So friend and I are considering cancelling the land portion, and just doing the cruise (and doing a DIY land). Would Princess cancel us from the AB3 and then re-book as cruise only? I do not want to lose our balcony cabin! I'd like to know before calling TA - since I read they make most of their $$ off the cruisetour. Hoping she'll be honest, but would like to know before.. Thank you!

Archived