Taking Requests for Star Info

Wanna_Cruize

Ok...I just got off the Star two days ago and will try to answer any questions people have.

There is a juice bar in the workout facility (juice was $2.50 sm and $3.50 lg) glass.

The speciality resturants started at $10.00 per person and went up to $25.00 I think. Kids under 12 are half price also. We ate at the Mexican resturant which was VERY GOOD for $10.00 extra. We also ate at the Itailian one which was ok for $10.00 also.

I wanted to give anyone going soon a heads up...The days at sea are little bit cold! Going down, the first day was chilly (around 55 deg. with sun). It was warm in the three ports but bring warmer clothes for the ride back up. Last two days at sea were probably 55-65 degrees and very windy.

The two main dining rooms had a wait every night if you didn't get there early. We had no problem getting reservations for any of the specialty resturants.

If anyone has questions...please ask...I will try to answer. We had a nice time!

No, I didn't try the tapas...Endless Summer is on one side of a balcony and Blue Lagoon is on the other. They both over look the floor below. Blue Lagoon is no charge and they have stuff like wings, soups, sandwiches etc... Didn't eat there but people said it was good.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok...I just got off the Star two days ago and will try to answer any questions people have.

There is a juice bar in the workout facility (juice was $2.50 sm and $3.50 lg) glass.

The speciality resturants started at $10.00 per person and went up to $25.00 I think. Kids under 12 are half price also. We ate at the Mexican resturant which was VERY GOOD for $10.00 extra. We also ate at the Itailian one which was ok for $10.00 also.

I wanted to give anyone going soon a heads up...The days at sea are little bit cold! Going down, the first day was chilly (around 55 deg. with sun). It was warm in the three ports but bring warmer clothes for the ride back up. Last two days at sea were probably 55-65 degrees and very windy.

The two main dining rooms had a wait every night if you didn't get there early. We had no problem getting reservations for any of the specialty resturants.

If anyone has questions...please ask...I will try to answer. We had a nice time!

hi! My kids won't stop asking me, so if you can answer this it would help. Are there big yellow waterslides in the main pool area? The NCL photos show pictures with and without the slides?? I guess its pre and post drydock, but which is which :confused: :confused:

Thanks! -Dan

hi! My kids won't stop asking me, so if you can answer this it would help. Are there big yellow waterslides in the main pool area? The NCL photos show pictures with and without the slides?? I guess its pre and post drydock, but which is which :confused: :confused:

Thanks! -Dan

The slides are there, indeed.

Hi! We're sailing on the Star on April 23rd, and we were wondering if anyone knows how often the transfer buses go from LAX to the pier. Also, when are you allowed to board the ship after check-in? We get into LAX around 9am, so I just want to get an idea how long we will have to wait for transfers and boarding. Thanks! ;)

We boarded between 11:30 and noon and being in a suite, we were the first, so I would think if you land at 9, you'll collect bags and be leaving LAX around 10 an will wait minimally at the pier, perhaps 45 minutes. You have to give them time to get the people off from the previous week. The port of L.A. doesn't seem to have enough boarder agents so getting off the previous week's passengers seems to take a quite a while.

We boarded between 11:30 and noon and being in a suite, we were the first, so I would think if you land at 9, you'll collect bags and be leaving LAX around 10 an will wait minimally at the pier, perhaps 45 minutes. You have to give them time to get the people off from the previous week. The port of L.A. doesn't seem to have enough boarder agents so getting off the previous week's passengers seems to take a quite a while.

Thanks! :)

Archived