Taking Requests for Star Info

Wanna_Cruize

It's so nice of you to take requests!! I had already decided I would do the same in June because there isn't a lot of talk about the Star for some reason. Thanks for doing this! Some of my other requests were already on the list. But I also wanted to know if the Star has a Coffee Card. I think I saw that the Sun or Jewel had one for about $30 for 10 cafe au lait or cappuccinos. Does the Star offer it and if so what's the cost and number of drinks? Also, I've seen the menu for the coffee with alchohol in them, but is there a menu for non-alchoholic coffee fou-fou drinks? Can you take a picture? My daughter and I love Mocha and Caramel Macchiato, etc. Our cruise will be to Alaska, so this is important information!!!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

I did just find this pic of the Bier Garten:

http://reviewcruises.net/cruise-pics/v/ncl-star/NCL+Star+Bier+Garten+Bar.jpg.html

On the website it talks about it being 'open air' but it looks like at least some of it has an awning covering the bar area at least. It says it seats 143, so it much be pretty big. I'll report back, because I'm sure DH will volunteer to do in-depth reporting for this area...

This just shows the open air atmosphere in the NCL Star Bier Garten Bar. A few tables are covered because of stairs on the side & walkway above but most are in the sun! The above link is a good one of the bar itself. It's a busy place during Sail-Away!!

S7301024.jpg.f604a46d21cf05568c45b1fdc814bfcc.jpg

S7301025.jpg.db7f6f66ee91a30b100cd9225c6b3b88.jpg

Thanks so much!

If you can, please mark down the hours in port from the Daily's for Puerto Valalrta (I believe our eDocs show 8-5), the All-Ashore Time, and how those times compared to the actual time in PV.

Have an awesome cruise and take good care of the Star as we're on her just 2 weeks after you return!

OK Preds. Here is your first answer. I'm standing in line waiting to check in at the pier and have today's Freestyle Daily in my hand. On the front page it says: "Please remember to advance your clocks forward one hour before retiring tonight (Saturday night)."

OK Preds. Here is your first answer. I'm standing in line waiting to check in at the pier and have today's Freestyle Daily in my hand. On the front page it says: "Please remember to advance your clocks forward one hour before retiring tonight (Saturday night)."

You should be named the best poster on NCL for this. Truly, it's what these boards should be about!!!

Wow you rock. Already handing out answers! They're moving the clocks up 1 day earlier then last season, but I'd guess they won't be moving yup a 2nd time for PV, meaning PV will likely be 1 hour off as we suspected.

Let us know the actual local and ship time that you're in port.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you. We'll be on the Star in three weeks.

Two questions

1. Is the Mexican restaurant still there?

2. To reiterate... ship's time and local time. We're also thinking of an indepent tour and this is important. Especially wondering about Cabo.

Thank you. We'll be on the Star in three weeks.

Two questions

1. Is the Mexican restaurant still there?

2. To reiterate... ship's time and local time. We're also thinking of an indepent tour and this is important. Especially wondering about Cabo.

Are you on the 2/19 sailing? If so join our Roll Call and Meet & Greet.

Here's a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27464881&goto=newpost

It's so nice of you to take requests!! I had already decided I would do the same in June because there isn't a lot of talk about the Star for some reason. Thanks for doing this! Some of my other requests were already on the list. But I also wanted to know if the Star has a Coffee Card. I think I saw that the Sun or Jewel had one for about $30 for 10 cafe au lait or cappuccinos. Does the Star offer it and if so what's the cost and number of drinks? Also, I've seen the menu for the coffee with alchohol in them, but is there a menu for non-alchoholic coffee fou-fou drinks? Can you take a picture? My daughter and I love Mocha and Caramel Macchiato, etc. Our cruise will be to Alaska, so this is important information!!!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

I don't drink either, and even though I am cruising in March to Mexican Riviera, I can drink coffee fou-fou drinks every day, even in warm weather! Here's hoping we get a favorable answer!

Debbie

OK, we are leaving on Saturday on the Star to Cabo, Mazatlan (maybe), & Puerto Vallarta. I got a lot of great info on here for our first NCL, but have had a hard time finding certain stuff. Here's the Star-specific info I'm planning to try and bring back with me:

*Freestyle Dailies for MR

*Specialty Restaurant fees

*Spa Pass info

Any other requests?

Wanna_Cruize, I'm writing this as you're on the final evening of your cruise. Always my least favorite night. :(

That said, I hope you had a fantastic cruise! Can't wait to hear back from you! I know several people are really looking forward to hearing about everything you've experienced and learned!

Did you save the Daily's?

I'm really looking forward to finding out the ship times in PV and how they compared to local time. I'm waiting to book a group of 14 for the Los Veronas Canopy Zipline dependent on the actual times in port as we're very concerned they won't get us back to PV in time.

Also very curious to learn who the Cruise Director is.

How was the entertainment? Do you recall what the shows were?

Finally, do you recall the show times on Thursday? I'm guessing that's Second City's show day? I have a group of 24 booking a dinner at Cagney's that evening, but we don't want to miss Second City, thus if you can post the Daily's or show times for that day it'd be awesome.

Anyhow, sorry your cruise is coming to an end, but hopefully you can relive it some by sharing your experiences with us soon!

Thanks so much!

If you can, please mark down the hours in port from the Daily's for Puerto Valalrta (I believe our eDocs show 8-5), the All-Ashore Time, and how those times compared to the actual time in PV.

Have an awesome cruise and take good care of the Star as we're on her just 2 weeks after you return!

Not that I know for sure, but I think the ship time is in sync with PV when they are there. On Wednesday, I was monitoring the Star Web Cam and at 15:30 Pacific time, the Web Cam showed 17:30 and the ship was pulling out of port at PV.

I'm in the same predicament as you, I'm trying to work the timing out for the zip line. I'm on the 3/19 cruise. Even now the Web Cam time stamp is two hours ahead of Pacific time.

Hi! We're sailing on the Star on April 23rd, and we were wondering if anyone knows how often the transfer buses go from LAX to the pier. Also, when are you allowed to board the ship after check-in? We get into LAX around 9am, so I just want to get an idea how long we will have to wait for transfers and boarding. Thanks! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived