Spa & Fitness 5.0

Family & Children Not Rated

Shore Excursions 3.0

Embarkation 5.0

Service 4.0

:confused:

And what are we to learn from this???:confused:

2 waves

People that rate O with low scores... if you read their reviews clearly did not see if Oceania was the right fit for them

People who sail O do not do it for the excursions or the nightly shows or the party life ;)

Lyn

2 waves

People that rate O with low scores... if you read their reviews clearly did not see if Oceania was the right fit for them

People who sail O do not do it for the excursions or the nightly shows or the party life ;)

Lyn

Lyn, you are so right. Anyone who reads CC can hardly find these 2 areas not to have been discussed hundreds of times. Why the surprise when they cruise.:confused:

Mario,

Can you clarify: which ship, which cruise you are referencing and what you find interesting about it? Frankly, I'm with Orchestrapal feeling ":confused:"...

Kathleen

Oceania's Regatta 10-night western carribbean... Western Caribbean 01/11

And didn't find it interesting but rather strange:

Dining 5.0 Public Rooms 5.0 Cabins 5.0 Service 4.0 and only two stars. That's all:rolleyes:

Dining 5.0 Public Rooms 5.0 Cabins 5.0 Service 4.0 and only two stars. That's all
I have written 2 member reviews & held my breath to see what my overall rating would be! That's because there was no opportunity for me to give a summary overall rating. I believe that particular score may be nothing more than a compilation of all others, perhaps with more weight to certain categories. I think it's better to look at the subcategory ratings & the narrative comments of the reviewer. I wouldn't read too much into a 2* overall. :):)

I have written 2 member reviews & held my breath to see what my overall rating would be! That's because there was no opportunity for me to give a summary overall rating. I believe that particular score may be nothing more than a compilation of all others, perhaps with more weight to certain categories. I think it's better to look at the subcategory ratings & the narrative comments of the reviewer. I wouldn't read too much into a 2* overall. :):)

If you take the total of the catagories she rated, 35 points and divide by the number of cats rated you get 3.5 Just being niggly;)

If you take the total of the catagories she rated, 35 points and divide by the number of cats rated you get 3.5 Just being niggly
What value did you give to the "not rated" category? All I can say is that the overall member rating is a number that a reviewer doesn't directly control. Niggle away. :p:p

Oceania's Regatta 10-night western carribbean... Western Caribbean 01/11

And didn't find it interesting but rather strange:

Dining 5.0 Public Rooms 5.0 Cabins 5.0 Service 4.0 and only two stars. That's all:rolleyes:

I just don't understand how people can, in the same breath claim to have done their research and then complain about demographics, entertainment, ports/ excursions etc. :confused:

When these types of reviews are posted, I think most people are smart enough to read between the lines.

What value did you give to the "not rated" category? All I can say is that the overall member rating is a number that a reviewer doesn't directly control. Niggle away. :p:p

If I gave it a zero we would still have 3.18, doesn't matter to me as the reviewer gave 4/5 to all that matters to me.

I just don't understand how people can, in the same breath claim to have done their research and then complain about demographics, entertainment, ports/ excursions etc. :confused:

When these types of reviews are posted, I think most people are smart enough to read between the lines.

These are not "complaints", they are reviews. Many people look at these before taking a cruise line. The low scores for entertainment and shore excursions allows people who like "big" entertainment, or ship sponsored excursions to choose with some knowledge of what to expect.

Many people look at these before taking a cruise line. The low scores for entertainment and shore excursions allows people who like "big" entertainment, or ship sponsored excursions to choose with some knowledge of what to expect.

You would think that would be the case.

Obviously some people cannot read between the lines :D

As the entertainment and the shore excursions keep getting low scores, from almost everybody, maybe Oceania will work to improve that part of the experience. I happen to adore Oceania, but in all honesty, would give those two items low scores as well. It is not important enough to me to switch lines, but it would be nice if those were better.

The low scores for entertainment and shore excursions allows people who like "big" entertainment, or ship sponsored excursions to choose with some knowledge of what to expect.

In my view, the review has a critical tone about the very things she could have avoided had she done better research. The OP makes it sound like Oceania's passengers all have one foot in the grave. I am in my mid 50's and I had an absolute BLAST on our cruise...especially with my elders. :p

But, my apologies for carrying on; this wasn't the OP's original topic.

As the entertainment and the shore excursions keep getting low scores, from almost everybody, maybe Oceania will work to improve that part of the experience. I happen to adore Oceania, but in all honesty, would give those two items low scores as well. It is not important enough to me to switch lines, but it would be nice if those were better.

You would think that they would try to improve shorex and entertaiment, especially when they look at the scores for such in the recent Conde Nast "best of". They were rated the lowest in it's class for these two things. If it were not for these they would be right up there.:rolleyes:

You would think that they would try to improve shorex and entertaiment, especially when they look at the scores for such in the recent Conde Nast "best of". They were rated the lowest in it's class for these two things. If it were not for these they would be right up there.:rolleyes:

I guess categories like entertainment and excursions can be a little subjective. I enjoyed the entertainment and I also enjoyed Oceania's excursions. Personally, I hope they leave these 2 categories alone.

I think the point is (I could be wrong)

That people do their research on O cruises

They go on the cruise & are shocked to find no late night buffets, no late night parties, older passengers, low key shows , ghost ship by 11pm

When they researched they would see the excursions are pricey, limited smoking areas, entertainment is not Vegas style shows but more low key, the demographics are more mature & usually the ship is very quiet by 11 pm but still go expecting something totally different ;)

All the reasons we love the R-ships

Lyn

i think the point is (i could be wrong)

that people do their research on o cruises

they go on the cruise & are shocked to find no late night buffets, no late night parties, older passengers, low key shows , ghost ship by 11pm

when they researched they would see the excursions are pricey, limited smoking areas, entertainment is not vegas style shows but more low key, the demographics are more mature & usually the ship is very quiet by 11 pm but still go expecting something totally different ;)

all the reasons we love the r-ships

lyn

Amen!

They go on the cruise & are shocked to find no late night buffets, no late night parties, older passengers, low key shows , ghost ship by 11pm

As shocked as Inspector Renault was to discover there was gambling going on in Rick's Cafe Americain! :eek:

Thank you. I have always wondered about that.

The other thing is the ratings for the price of the cruise. What exactly does that mean? If a person thinks the prices are low (a good thing) relative to the value, would that not mean 5 stars? Or does a larger number of stars mean that the cruise was more expensive?

Archived