Ventura - Internet Access in cabins.

andyc567

Hi all,

I was just wondering it anyone knows the score with internet access on ventura ?

I appreciate that there is a internet cafe or library aboard, but was wondering if WIFI access was available within the cabins ?

Our cabin is a delux balcony cabin midships on 'D' deck.

I am sure I read somewhere that somebody said they could access the internet from their cabin?

I don't want to do much, no browsing or anything like that, just the odd email home..

Also, anyone know the cost or how it works, charged to cabin I presume ?

Thanks guy's.

There's no wifi in the cabins - just in the public areas e.g. the atrium.

However, there's an ethernet socket up behind the TV. If you take a cable you can plug your laptop in there. You'll still need to get your account set up in the internet centre, but thereafter you should be able to use the cabin ethernet.

Of course, you'll need a cable in order to be able to do so. On my two cruises on Ventura they let me borrow one because I bought a big package of time (the largest available) on the afternoon we embarked, and a cable came free with that. However there's nothing to stop you taking your own. Make sure it's long enough so you can sit somewhere comfortable away from the TV - 3 metres ought to be OK.

Andy

This Info taken from the P&O site. You also get a 'few' free minutes if you purchase a plan on boarding

Cb

Internet access will always depend on the ship receiving a signal from the satellite.

There is an activation charge of £2.50. After that, time packages are available, the cost and length of which are dependent on the length of your cruise. These time plans work out at around 25p to 35p per minute depending on the plan purchased. Full information regarding these plans is available on board.

Alternatively you can opt for a Pay As You Go rate of 50p per minute. Should you just wish to send an email, this is charged at just £2.50 per sent email. (This charge does not apply if you are sending an email from your own personal email account, rather than a CruisEmail account set up on board).

Should you wish to purchase an internet time plan before you travel from our gift catalogue you will benefit from additional time to use on board.

Purchasing a gift of 250 minutes will be worth 280 minutes on board.

Purchasing a gift of 100 minutes will be worth 120 minutes on board.

Please note, all prices are subject to change without notice.

It's apparently available throughout the whole ship now, even in staterooms according to this: http://www.pocruises.com/Discovery/issue10/news/index.html

Thanks for that..

I am now thinking that due to weight limit I will only take my smart phone and not my laptop..

Still, that does wifi and will download and send my email's so that will be good enough.

Thanks guy's

We had a D deck cabin and the signal strength for wifi was very low. We used to take the laptop to a quiet bar during the daytime to maintain a signal.

On Azura the wifi signal was strong in the cabin, presumably being a new ship it had been kitted out better.

If you buy a package before you go you get extra free minutes thrown in compared to buying the package on board.

Archived