Has Princess Stopped pre-cruise E-Mails?

sirwired

I remember before our cruise last January, we got an e-mail every week or two leading up to the cruise with notes from the Captain, Chef, Cruise Director, etc. with little tidbits intended to get you excited.

Other than our initial confirmation and a short note a couple of weeks before final payment, we haven't received a thing.

And my "status" in the Cruise Personalizer is blank. I called Princess about that a few weeks ago, and they said we were all set (and I can print my boarding pass and luggage tag), but I wonder...

SirWired

P.S. No GTY cabin assignment yet, but I know that's normal.

Did you change your e-mail since booking? I called Princess last July to let them know my e-mail was closing and had to change to a new one, the CR told me I didn't have to do anything, that when he put the new e-mail in, it would change across the board to the other Carnival holdings that had my e-mail. But the idiot CR didn't know or didn't tell me if he know, that the e-mail is not changed in any existing bookings. So I changed it and started to get e-mails on the bookings, I was still getting the reg Princess e-mails just not in relation to those bookings. You can also go into your personalizer and on the right side column there should be a link to pre cruise e-mails that were supposedly sent to you.

We received them for a November cruise & there's another way to try to view them in case your email is the problem...either the wrong address or being sent to your Junk folder.

In Cruise Personalizer on the lower right side is "Documentation" with the option to "Review Pre-Cruise Emails" where you should be able to view any that were sent to you for your cruise.

We receive the emails, one thing I did notice in the emails, is the loyalty level listed in the email is not current. It is the level you were at from the time of booking. If I look in our cruise personalizer it shows it correctly.

I've already gotten two emails from Princess regarding our upcoming Alaska cruise in May! Make sure to check your spam folder. Maybe your email carrier is ditching them there.

I love all of the little emails. It helps with the pre-cruise excitement.

Archived