When do you normaly see price drops?

alcie

We booked our July 2011 FOS cruise last summer and so far the prices are still about $100/pp higher than what we paid. Is there a time frame (a few months before the trip? specific days of the week?) where RCCL will usually drop the price?

We booked our July 2011 FOS cruise last summer and so far the prices are still about $100/pp higher than what we paid. Is there a time frame (a few months before the trip? specific days of the week?) where RCCL will usually drop the price?

There is absolutely NO way of predicting. Could happen AT ANY TIME or NEVER.

I agree with Mom, but I've been finding hit or miss drops on mine in the two weeks just before final payment is due. I got $200 extra obc for my son and DIL, and $298 extra obc for my single son, both last week by moving them to guarantees. DH and I moved from an inside to a balcony guarantee for an extra $75 per person.

Remember, after final payment date you can only get an upgrade to a higher cabin if it's the same price as what you've already paid. No more obc after the final payment date.

As it gets closer to your cruise date..like starting NOW...watch the prices. As the cruise draws near, "IF" there are any vacant cabins on the ship, that's when the "Upgrade Fairy" get's to work moving some up in category to make the less expensive rooms available. It's like a domino effect.

Archived