Best pr room & deck on voyager class

Dave4120

Hello...We are going on the Enchantment in April and are about to book another cruise on the Voyager. We have never tried a Promenade room before and will do so on this cruise for the first time.

I have read other posts with some saying the top 8th floor is the best for seeing out your window and looking down during some of the festivities, while others have mentioned the 7th floor. Others have also mentioned about getting a cabin more toward the beginning of the promenade so you can see everything down the long street. And, someone else said we should get one of the cabins that have a space separating the cabin and the next cabin.

Can anyone offer any opinions of first hand experience if you've been in a PR cabin before. I do not want to make a big deal out of this, but we are curious since this will be our first time in one of these cabins.

Thank-you

Dave

Promenades are great cabins! I am a deck 7 person even though we choose to pick deck 6, hehe. Some say 6 can have noise problems from the shops below or they want to sleep during the parade, we have yet to be disturbed. Some may say I am a bit obsessed in picking cabins but when we made our decision on cabins I looked at pictures online of the promenade. Some cabins are not as desirable because they are to close to the bridge thus blocking some of your view. You also don't want to be to far away from the bridge because of the events that take place on it that would be fun to watch from your window if you don't feel like going down in person. The cabins that are at the Theater end have a huge piece of art in front of them and not a lot of parade action, that is also the end with the pub which can be loud at night. If you plan on partaking in the evening action book deck 6, it's just a hop skip and a jump down to the promenade for a bite to eat, cup of coffee and great people watching from your window.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hello Dawna...Thanks for the information. I am looking at a Promenade deck plan and am trying to choose a few cabin numbers that make sense from what you posted. Without going through too much trouble, do you have a few cabin numbers on Deck 6,7 or 8 that come to mind that you feel meet the criteria you explained to me in your post.

Yes, I am aware there are no PR cabins on the Enchantment for our April cruise. I am inquiring about the PR cabins because I am about to make another reservation for an additional cruise on the Explorer that does have the PR cabins.

Thanks Again

Dave

Sorry, my mistake. That being said, I prefer deck 7 PR cabins. I would be careful regarding deck 6 and what the cabin is above. Have never stayed in a PR on deck 8, but would. Currently booked in a PR/deck 7 cabin on NOS in 3 weeks.

Without giving away your cabin number, as I am looking at the deck plan of Deck 7, would their be a group of a few cabin numbers you might be able to mention that you think would be the most beneficial to see things, and not be close to the bridge area as the other poster mentioned?

I have sailed in a PR cabin several times. I prefer deck 7 for reasons stated above.

I always use the drag it decks dot com website where you can literally drag your deck above or next to the promenade deck to see where the cabins fall.

We do like to be kind of in the middle of the promenade so that you can see all that is happening, but the specifics stated above are very good points to consider.

My personal opinion on a PR cabin is that it's nice to relax by the window and people/activity watch at times. However, although you can see the parades, for me it is not a substitute for actually being on the Promenade and taking part in the activity.

I've just read through this, and now think I've made a mistake on the choice of cabin I've booked! I'm booked into 7331 on my upcoming Liberty cruise, and just figured out that it's right over guest relations/the bridge rather than the actual promenade...

Think I'll be taking a trip into my TA's on Monday to see if I can get moved to more central as really want to be able to see interesting things out the window - not a giant art work or the bridge! :(

Fingers crossed!

I didn't like 8th deck because they sometimes didn't turn down the lights in the wee hours of the morning which was irritating even with the darker shade drawn. I didn't have noise problem in any of the promenades I've been in but I've not been over a pub. The 8th floor windows have a tilt which allows you easier view of the promenade which was great for watching the parades. I loved being on the 6th floor starboard side over guest relations desk because I could see out the windows of the champagne bar. Loved that I could wake up and see the weather and sea conditions by peering thru the champagne bar window. made it even better for an inside cabin. I would pick that cabin (about 3 in from rear elevators) again!

I've stayed several times in PR cabins and have had a problem only once. It was in cabin 8593 on Voyager. There was a light for the parades and shows that was mounted on the wall outside the cabin. On a rough night, it made a horrible racket all night long. It sounded like someone bouncing a basketball off of the outside wall of our cabin. I don't know if something had come loose or it always banged in rough weather. I will avoid that cabin in the future.

Hello Leslie...When you mention the 3-cabins about 3 in from rear elevators, can you list what cabin numbers they would be from the Deck diagram? And are you saying you feel the 8th deck is fine, or, would you choose these 3-cabins on deck 6 or 7?

Thanks

Dave

We loved our PR cabin on Freedom. :) We were on the 8th deck (loved the "central" location of the deck), and booked 4 adjoining/connecting cabins all the way forward. This allowed us to see the parades while being in a perfect location to the stairs and elevators. We also loved the tilted windows for easier viewing access. We didn't find that we were too high up, the noise level was minimal (only during parades/street parties - lasted 30 minutes at most), and our curtains blocked most/all the light.

Any help QTMICHELE with cabin numbers on that 8th floor. Tough to tell by just looking at the deck plan what cabin number on any of the floors give you the best vantage point, without being near a noisy area, too close to the bridge, or to back or forward where you miss most of everything.

Thanks

Dave

Any help QTMICHELE with cabin numbers on that 8th floor. Tough to tell by just looking at the deck plan what cabin number on any of the floors give you the best vantage point, without being near a noisy area, too close to the bridge, or to back or forward where you miss most of everything.

Thanks

Dave

Our cabins on the FREEDOM were 8257, 8259, 8261, and 8263 (the 61 and 63 cabins had the better views). If the similar options are available on the Voyager Class, then I would book them IF you want location convenience to the stairs/elevators. If you want a more centrally located PR cabin for better views of the promenade, then go for something mid-point. Hope this helps. :)

ETA: If you like to people watch, then you may want to consider the PORT side - you'll have views into the Cafe Promenade instead of a store front.

Hello Leslie...When you mention the 3-cabins about 3 in from rear elevators, can you list what cabin numbers they would be from the Deck diagram? And are you saying you feel the 8th deck is fine, or, would you choose these 3-cabins on deck 6 or 7?

Thanks

Dave

Dave, I was in 6309. I'm not sure if you would be able to see out the champagne bar windows from deck 7 or 8 because the angle may be too high. Having the window over the promenade helps but seeing a little bit of the water, able to see if it was sunny or cloudy was an added bonus to this cabin. I would take it again. I happen to prefer cabins near the elevators and prefer being closer to dining rooms than to theater/spa so this location was perfect!

Leslie

Thanks Michele...My wife says I have OCD because I spend so much time pouring over the same info every single day. But, for some reason, I love it. I get so wrapped up in choosing cabins, excursions, etc. before the cruise, that sometimes it's a big let down when there's nothing else to look up.

Dave

LOL - I'm with you! I drive my husband crazy with all my planning and obsessive cruise talk, especially during the planning phase. And, when I have nothing else to plan, I just get more involved on Cruise Critic so I can help others plan! LOL

FYI ... Phase I is the "when are we going and which ship are we going on" phase; Phase II is the "planning phase" which includes cabin selection, shore excursions, dining & show reservations, etc.; Phase III includes "researching the ship even though I already know almost everything there is to know about it" phase; Phase IV is "countdown!" phase, Phase V is "we're FINALLY on the ship!" phase; and FINALLY there is Phase VI which I like to call the "REPEAT" phase.

I know this is an illness that is called OCD; however, the initials stand for "Obsessive Cruise Disorder," and I believe it's HEALTHY!

If you plan on spending alot of time in the Promenade level, than deck 6 is the best because its only one floor up or down. This helps if your one who needs to run back to the room frequently to get stuff. Also a cabin closer to the elevators front or back is a big time saver. We had our last room in the center of the ship and that long walk gets old fast.

As far as watching parades out the window, it really isn't very good and I would use that as a factor for location.

If I can choose any, it would be deck 6, either side, in the first group of cabins near the atrium(mid) elevators...

Archived