Laundromat across from cabin. Noisy??

Gypsyfeet

We just got our cabin assignment and it is directly across the hall from the laundromat. Will we hear a lot of noise, day and night?

I'm a light sleeper and I'm worried there will be lots of activity, chatter, etc right outside my door.

Any one have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

We had a cabin right next door to the laundry room on our Med cruise. I, too, was worried about the noise factor. We never heard a peep. The hours of operation restrict any nighttime activity and during the day it was quiet, too. It was extremely convenient for doing laundry, too - easy to pop in and check if the machines were busy, which they usually were!

We were directly across from the laundry room on the Sapphire, Aloha deck, and never heard a thing. I think I saw one or two people enter the laundry room as we were leaving our cabin, but that was it. I intend to book close to the laundry room again as it was very convenient.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

We just got our cabin assignment and it is directly across the hall from the laundromat. Will we hear a lot of noise, day and night?

I'm a light sleeper and I'm worried there will be lots of activity, chatter, etc right outside my door.

Any one have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

They're well insulated. Double door entry, as I recall.

You'll meet only the best people there.

And an excellent place to keep up with all the gossip.:D

We also try to book as close to the laundry room as possible on the large ships. We've never had any problems with noise, and on some ships the laundry rooms are not locked at night. DH has been able to start a load of laundry as early as 6 a.m. on the Ruby several times.

Speaking of noisy disagreements in the laundry room... We were on a cruise a few years ago where a woman left her stuff in the dryer and it wasn't running and people were waiting. Somebody got tired of waiting and placed the woman's stuff on a table and went on to use that dryer. The first user came in and went NUTS, screaming on and on "You touched my things!" It was ridiculous. Her nickel ran out and SHE was the problem and couldn't be reasoned with. Rude, rude, rude.

On Ocean I was across the hall VERY CONVENIENT for ironing or seing what was free I met Wonderful people in the laundry room

On CB 2 cabins away ,,,very convenient and Yes they close early so You will not be disturbed!!!

Great if you need to iron something .I went in my bathrobe...I was the only one there

Archived