Seafood Lunch, Key Lime Pie & Rock Music Bar?

Lsimon

We're sailing on the Summit to Key West on March 22. We're there until 2PM, so that means we'll need to be back to the ship by 1:30.

We're going to walk around Duval street a bit, but intend to stop to eat and drink our lunch and desert before leaving.

We like fresh seafood and good key lime pie, and if we can find these at a place that has some good music that's a big plus.

If we should go to a seperate place for our slice of key lime pie then let me know where to go.

(Last time we had so-so pie for dessert at a sidewalk cafe on Duval. We ran into a bar or two that looked hopping but the only music we found was country - which isn't our thing.)

Unfortunately I don't know of any one place that meets all your criteria! Here would be my suggestion - have lunch at Conch Republic then after lunch go across the street and have a piece of Kermit's Key Lime Pie...or if you are feeling really decadent, a piece of his frozen KLP dipped in chocolate!

Have a good visit!

Clay - a key west local

There is a place that serves a great lunch and key lime pie. Key West's oldest restaurant, Pepe's, is located on Caroline Street. They have a little outdoor dining area, and an even smaller indoor area. The food is great, with inventive oyster creations, fresh fish sandwiches, and generous portions. Plus, they squeeze fresh juice in to their cocktails. Yes, they care, and it's classic Key West.

Music is nearby at the Historic Seaport's Schooner Wharf Bar. Good drinks, atmosphere, and characters.

Have fun!

We just got back from a cruise that included Key West. The Blone Giraffe has awesome key lime pie. We went to the Half Raw Oyster Bar and had the best oysters we have eaten in a long time. We also had some pretty good steamed clams. Wish I was there now.

• 2 weeks later...

Half Shell raw bar is excellent, Schooners Wharf for music is good (there coconut shrimp is also very good). On Duval St. you won't find much music at that time, but you might try the Bear Bottom Beach Club or the Bull and Whistle. I think both places have music during the day, I am just not sure what time it starts.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Alonzos Oyster Bar! They have great food and if you happen to be in Key West for Happy Hour, they have 1/2 price appitizers and drinks from 4:30-6 or 6:30! Oh would I love to have some steamed clams in wine and spiced peel and eat shrimp right now!

Sharon

We got back last week. After spending the morning walking Duval Street we followed advice here and other places and ended up at Schooners. Great place!

Wife and I had great grilled & blackend fish lunches along with our drinks and great scenery. Unfortunately the ship left at 2, so we were only able to listen to the music (which started at noon) for a little while, seemed very nice and laid back.

We stopped at Kermits for Key Lime Pie on the way back too. Very good!

Thanks every one!

Archived