Internet/computer options on QM2 for technophobe father

jlrf

My father's on the QM2 and I'm trying to make it easier for him to send and receive emails. He complains that receiving mine is expensive, so I've tried sending him news in an attachment. Can he download an attachment on the PC in the Computer Centre and read it slowly and for free?

The other day he spent 28 minutes writing a message and then lost it. Again, can he write a message in Word and then cut and paste it in an email or attach it?

Thanks a lot! (He's the bald 83-yr-old Londoner named Ron, travelling with a shorter, older Scot called Alex, if anyone bumps into him before they get off in Cape Town!)

Your father can print the email and read it later. Cunard does not allow devices to be attached to their p.c. I don't know if the p.c.s have word or not, but I think not. If he has a lap top with wifi, he can save the message on the laptop for later sending when he is online. I hope this helps

Mike.

no text software on ship computers. Is he communicating with you via - say hotmail or yahoo - i.e. Webmaill? If so he should be able to read your text email and print it. Large attachments are not acceptable/readable. Just send him text in email, best and cheapest option

D

My father's on the QM2 and I'm trying to make it easier for him to send and receive emails. He complains that receiving mine is expensive, so I've tried sending him news in an attachment. Can he download an attachment on the PC in the Computer Centre and read it slowly and for free?

The other day he spent 28 minutes writing a message and then lost it. Again, can he write a message in Word and then cut and paste it in an email or attach it?

Thanks a lot! (He's the bald 83-yr-old Londoner named Ron, travelling with a shorter, older Scot called Alex, if anyone bumps into him before they get off in Cape Town!)

Archived