Caribbean shipboard evening attire?

1straveler

While the March 4th Spirit sailing will be our third Seabourn cruise, it will be our first Seabourn Caribbean cruise, the other two being on the Med. Not sure how evening attire is different or whether there is a difference. Our experience on the Med was that people normally dress very well for dinner and the majority wore a Tux or cocktail/evening gown on the optional formal night, whatever that means. Any guidance from those of you who have recently sailed the Caribbean with Seabourn regarding the expected evening attire would be appreciated.

Mike & Rhonda

As the 7 day Caribbean cruise dress codes have been relaxed no tux will be required ~no formal evenings. Country Club casual dress will be fine ~Mike, you may feel comfortable in taking a jacket and a tie for dining in the restaurant. The 1st and last night will be casual. Also if you choose to dine at the Sky Grill, this will also be casual.

Have fun and please share your cruise review with us upon your return home.

Martita B.

Martita, Thanks for your reply. I will actually be on the Legend not the Spirit. I was aware that the policy changed so I called Seabourn last week and they said there is an optional formal night and our cruise documents state that as well. With the ever changing policies who knows what to expect. :confused:

I'm thinking not too many men will take a tux for the 7 dayer ~I am guessing most will dress in a dark suit for the optional formal evening. (I thought the formal nights in the Caribbean (7 day) had been discontinued)

You'll see all types/kinds of dress so whatever you choose will be just fine ~the Officer's will be dressed in their "tropical whites."

I know you'll enjoy Captain Erik L. Anderssen and Karl (Hot Man) Also David E. ~ three of my favorites!:p

Have lots of fun!

Martita B.

Hi Mike, I have to agree. We are on that cruise too and i saw the optional formal night. We did a mediterarrean cruise last year on Legend and i agonized. its a long way to lug a tux for one night. I took a dark suit, white shirt and tie and it was fine on that cruise. There were tuxes but not the majority. The suit advanatge is you can dress it down and wear it again sans tie. My wife took a couple of cocktail dresses and it was perfect. besides it will be hot down there, hopefully :-).

Hi Martita, do you know the entertainment director is on legend now. I hope it Eric as he was fanatastic. I will never forget Dame Edna at 7 feet on rollerblades down the aisle .

Eric is no longer with Seabourn. He is now the CD on Azamara Journey.

Host Dan

Sadly Eric DeGray left Seabourn a few months ago ~he's now with Azamara Club Cruises. Your Cruise Director will be David E. ~(he sings Nat King Cole better than Nat King Cole!) I am disappointed David E. will disembark on March 21st and will not be with us on the Legend Crossing ~~he's alot of fun and a hoot!

Have fun!

Martita B.

A tad off the subject, but we were on Azamara Journey in Oct and had the pleasure of Eric DeGray's company and all I can say is Seabourn's loss is Azamara's gain. What a wonderfully multi-talented individual he is!

I am very much looking forward to my Seabourn cruise, but I must say that with the additions of Larry Pimental(?) and Eric, along with other crew members from Seabourn, I think Azamara is coming in a close second!

• 2 weeks later...
A tad off the subject, but we were on Azamara Journey in Oct and had the pleasure of Eric DeGray's company and all I can say is Seabourn's loss is Azamara's gain. What a wonderfully multi-talented individual he is!

I am very much looking forward to my Seabourn cruise, but I must say that with the additions of Larry Pimental(?) and Eric, along with other crew members from Seabourn, I think Azamara is coming in a close second!

have to agree with you and Martita, Eric was multi talented and a nice guy. But i look forward to alittle blue. may have to try Azamara though sometime. do not know miuch about them

DH and I just returned from a week long cruise on the Legend. The optional night found just as many men wearing dark suits as tuxedos. Women were dressed in both long gowns and cocktail dresses. You will be comfortable in both. The cruise director was David E. Greene, an extremely friendly and likable person. He is a wonderful entertainer and very nice to have a casual conversation with. Enjoy your cruise...we certainly did.

We will be on the Legend for the March 4 cruise as well and have a question about the DAYTIME attire. Do people on this line dress any different during the day than they do on other lines? Will we feel out of place if dressed in cargo shorts or khaki shorts and a tshirt or a light short sleeved button down? We've been on a lot of other cruises, but we know that this one will be different than the rest. Thanks

We will be on the Legend for the March 4 cruise as well and have a question about the DAYTIME attire. Do people on this line dress any different during the day than they do on other lines? Will we feel out of place if dressed in cargo shorts or khaki shorts and a tshirt or a light short sleeved button down? We've been on a lot of other cruises, but we know that this one will be different than the rest. Thanks

You define the dress perectly for daytime...

Host Dan

What about casual evenings in the MDR, do gents wear long or short sleeve shirts with smart torusers??

Definately smart trousers, with a nice short or long sleeve shirt. I tend to enjoy short Tommy Bahama or Nat Naste shirts myself.

Host Dan

Martita,

So you were just on the Legend and the had relaxed the formal night dress code correct? If my DH brings a jacket/trousers/tie, that will be enough? Yes, our docs also say one Black Tie Optional, but if you just were on the Legend, I tend to believe they are now going with the relaxed dress.

Seabourn's sailings dress code, in the Caribbean changed last year ~formal night (when scheduled) are much more relaxed. I believe your DH will be fine taking a jacket/trousers/tie ~he might think of taking a dark suit, then wearing the jacket for other evenings ~in the dining room. No jacket required for the Veranda.

I actually just visited aboard the Legend for a couple of hours in Jan. ~ I didn't sail.

I learned over the weekend there's a new Hotel Manager aboard the Legend. His name is Anton Winkler ~has anyone sailed with him? Also a new Executive Chef named "Oliver" ~~

Enjoy your Caribbean holiday:p

MB

Archived