booking restaurants

luladoo

We arrive onboard Azura on 19th, will speciality restaurants all be booked up by the crowd who arrive on 18th, or is there some thing inplace to give the 2nd intake a chance to book.

How can P & O sell a cruise with a staggered arrival and yet penalize all people arriving on the second day. They certainly don't charge less.

Just have to hope there is some space left, I had been looking forward to something special on my birthday.

We were unable to book the Retreat for ANY sea day, we tried as soon as we could get to the spa (after the drill). Nothing in 17 for anytime we wanted. They say you cannot book either place before the cruise but I suspect some were able, one person we spoke to told us P&O emailed her to invite her to book the Retreat!

The same policy is 'supposed' to apply on Cunard as well. No booking in advance. On the day in person.

I took all of the family on the Christmas New Year cruise on QV and wanted a table for 10 in Todd English on Boxing Day, our 50th wedding anniversary.

I knew someone from a forum on the cruise before. They put my name and requirements forward on their cruise.

My TA had a 'Show around' between that cruise and ours. Whilst in Todd English she put my name and requirements forward.

And when I got on board? Done already.

Write to the Resturant Manager with your requirements.

:D

Just wondering ..........

Why are the speciality restaurants so booked up?

I hope the food in the main dining or the buffet is not soooo bad that everyone just has to pay up to get a good meal !

Or ...............is it that the food and service in the speciality restaurants is amazing?

I hope it's the latter as DH and I intend to sample both 17, Sindhu and the Glass House whilst on Azura ..............SOON!!

Jackie W

Just wondering ..........

Why are the speciality restaurants so booked up?

I hope the food in the main dining or the buffet is not soooo bad that everyone just has to pay up to get a good meal !

Or ...............is it that the food and service in the speciality restaurants is amazing?

I hope it's the latter as DH and I intend to sample both 17, Sindhu and the Glass House whilst on Azura ..............SOON!!

Jackie W

You normally travel by bus.

For that special night out you order a Rolls Royce to take you to your function.

OK?

I can't speak for Azura because we have yet to cruise on her - like you on final countdown - but in general we don't rate the P&O main restaurant food terribly highly. Whereas, the Select venues, because meals are cooked to order, are usually excellent.

As I said earlier ....

""You normally travel by bus.

For that special night out you order a Rolls Royce to take you to your function.

OK?""

A bus is mundane. One uses the speciality resturants for that 'special occasion' instead of the Pizza and chips :rolleyes:

Yes ofcourse the food is better in the Select venues such as Seventeen,Sindu, Arcadian Rhodes etc. The food is cooked to order using prime ingredients. The food in the main restaurant is good but they are serving 1000 passengers per sitting mass catering, you obviously cannot compare the two dining experiences on the same level.

Also the service is excellent and attentive in the small select venues with perhaps 20-40 people dining in there maximum -sometimes you will see the Captain in there with guests.

A great place to go once a week on a cruise. Seventeen was lovely, but do try The GlassHouse too on a seaday for lunch, that was great as well.

You wouldn't want to dine in the fancy places every night, the food is great but I think some are overawed by the posh surroundings & superb service. I usually fine the MDR food quite acceptable, although on Azura it was variable, almost as if there were two different kitchen teams, maybe there was.

We thought we might try and book a Celebration Gift package (As advised in the P&O cruise Experience ), to dine aboard Azura, in for 17 for our ruby Wedding anniversary .........Thought it might save the dash to book on arrival.

We got all the relevant ref. numbers etc. and credit card at the ready, phoned the number etc...........

Nope! ........ :eek: The allocation has all gone.

Soooo ........looks like running shoes at the ready when we get on board and Divorce if DH doesn't get us a spot for romantic Al Fresco Dining!!

Oh well!!

Methinks RCI seem to have a better system.

Jackie W

We thought we might try and book a Celebration Gift package (As advised in the P&O cruise Experience ), to dine aboard Azura, in for 17 for our ruby Wedding anniversary .........Thought it might save the dash to book on arrival.

We got all the relevant ref. numbers etc. and credit card at the ready, phoned the number etc...........

Nope! ........ :eek: The allocation has all gone.

Soooo ........looks like running shoes at the ready when we get on board and Divorce if DH doesn't get us a spot for romantic Al Fresco Dining!!

Oh well!!

Methinks RCI seem to have a better system.

Jackie W

Can't say from experience, but from what I have read on here I don't think you can actually book a day or time for the restaurant through the gift package anyway. You still have to go and make your booking once onboard.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Not sure which cruise itinerary you are on, but if you don't mind it being that particular day you want to book, think of the times the restaurants will be least busy, such as first port day. If you go to book straight away I'm sure you'll get something, even an earlier evening meal is better than nothing and would be nice al fresco.

We rushed to book in the first hour at Marco P White's on Ventura and the restaurant was far from full on the night we went (first formal night), and the man himself was on board! Good luck :)

E-mail reply from P+O today:Reservations for The White Room can be made by calling our Reservations Team on 0845 3 555 333 who will be happy to help. However, as you have already mentioned, date and time to dine in this venue will need to be arranged onboard direct with the venue. Please rest assured that not all places in The White Room are booked by those embarking the day before."

So yes you can pre-book, but you cannot specify a set date or time. Fine if you want something different for one night on your cruise - but this may be at 6pm on a day when you have been on a long excursion, or quite late, when you prefer to eat early..

Not forgetting, if your cruise falls during a special occasion, like ours, and you want to book for a specific date, you can't. (unlike other cruise companies)

There is NO point in pre-booking if its for a special occasion, as they may only be able to fit you in the following week!

Like us, you will have to wait till your onboard and take your chance....:mad:

"

E-mail reply from P+O today:Reservations for The White Room can be made by calling our Reservations Team on 0845 3 555 333 who will be happy to help. However, as you have already mentioned, date and time to dine in this venue will need to be arranged onboard direct with the venue. Please rest assured that not all places in The White Room are booked by those embarking the day before."

So yes you can pre-book, but you cannot specify a set date or time. Fine if you want something different for one night on your cruise - but this may be at 6pm on a day when you have been on a long excursion, or quite late, when you prefer to eat early..

Not forgetting, if your cruise falls during a special occasion, like ours, and you want to book for a specific date, you can't. (unlike other cruise companies)

There is NO point in pre-booking if its for a special occasion, as they may only be able to fit you in the following week!

"

Write to them

Pen to paper so they have a piece of paper in front of them.

Read my story further back.

They had two pieces of paper.

It worked.

OK different line, but who said it won't work here?

Try :)

What's your blood group? Mine is 'Be positive'

Write and when you come back off your cruise, tell me it didn't work. Until then, it will :):)

Mike

"

I don't get it :confused:. What's the point in ringing the reservation team if they can't take reservations? Is it to pre pay for a dining voucher such as the gift collection one? If so, all it means is that you are giving them the money in advance with no fixed booking? (therefore won't get Portunus discount on it?) I guess they would have to fit you in somehow if you have a voucher for it, so that may be a slight advantage.

Thats about it yes. They say to take your credit card statement with you as proof of booking. There will be a voucher/slip/thing/piece of paper in your cabin when you arrive. take this to the restaurant and they will fit you in...somewhere, sometime, but NOT neccesarily at the time or date you want....

Thats about it yes. They say to take your credit card statement with you as proof of booking. There will be a voucher/slip/thing/piece of paper in your cabin when you arrive. take this to the restaurant and they will fit you in...somewhere, sometime, but NOT neccesarily at the time or date you want....

....... so you write to them telling them what you want, when and why :D

Easy :rolleyes:

Hi,

Just confirming what has already been said.

I phone Reservations on 0845 678 00 14 today and have reserved Seventeen by pre-paying but still need to organise the day / time as soon as we board on Friday.

By doing this you are guaranteed a place at the restaurant, it is then up to yourself to sort out the details.

Ba.

Hi,

Just confirming what has already been said.

I phone Reservations on 0845 678 00 14 today and have reserved Seventeen by pre-paying but still need to organise the day / time as soon as we board on Friday.

By doing this you are guaranteed a place at the restaurant, it is then up to yourself to sort out the details.

Ba.

:(

And if the exact day is not available?

:(:(

For the sake of putting pen to paper if it is important. Which in my case it was and ..........:D:D:D

Archived