booking restaurants

luladoo

Mr Rum or mr Rat? Ater telephoning, e-mailing, I have now done as you advised and sent them a letter. Not the new-fangled typed and printed, but the old fashioned pen and paper variety.

If I am not successful you owe me the price of a first class stamp!:D

Mr Rum or mr Rat? Ater telephoning, e-mailing, I have now done as you advised and sent them a letter. Not the new-fangled typed and printed, but the old fashioned pen and paper variety.

If I am not successful you owe me the price of a first class stamp!:D

If you are unsuccessful, I will send you a BOOK of stamps :D:D:D

I don't know if there are more big spenders in the Caribbean but we were on Ventura last April and Azura in August and there were no problems getting into the speciality resturants. East and Sindhu were always practically empty on both cruises (maybe 4 or 5 tables occupied) and they were trying really hard to drum up trade. They were still advertising tables at the White Room well into the second week of our cruise, and we made friends with another couple on Azura who had no problem booking 17 for the four of us even a few days into the cruise. Where we did have a problem getting a booking was the supper club in the Glass House.

For goodness sake are these restaurants so fantastic that you are prepared to pay this ridiculous premium? I just don't get it.

I get fed up of going to the MDR every evening and it's nice to have a different venue to look forward to. :)

Yes but you can go to the buffet and have Indian, Thai, Italian for nothing. We had the Indian Buffet in the Venezia and it was excellent. I don't go to these money-making exploits.

That is of course up to you.

However, the meals in the Select Dining venues are cooked to order and are generally of a better quality. The cost, for example, of eating at a MPW or Gary Rhodes establishment on board is a fraction of what their restaurants are on land, so we don't consider them to be expensive.

It's all about choice.

Speciality restaurants are not just about the food but an experience, not just having something to eat but having dinner, this can take longer than the MDR conveyor belt. Some see the difference some don't.

The restaurants appear to be empty because they only cater for so many at a time...why on earth they don't make them smaller then I don't know! I must admit I have had some of my best dining experiences in ships special venues.

Speciality restaurants are not just about the food but an experience, not just having something to eat but having dinner, this can take longer than the MDR conveyor belt. Some see the difference some don't.

The restaurants appear to be empty because they only cater for so many at a time...why on earth they don't make them smaller then I don't know! I must admit I have had some of my best dining experiences in ships special venues.

Some of them serve breakfast to suite people don't they, so need extra space for that.

I too have had some of the best eating experiences onboard ships. It is nice to take a long time and not be rushed.

MPW's wasn't amongst the best I've had. I'd heard MPW speaking on ship's TV as CD did an audience with him. He spoke of attention to detail in all his restaurants. They forgot to bring us the bread during our meal there, which I thought was ironic. :rolleyes:

Archived