Here We Go Again.........

sail7seas

Anyone who wants to get out of the Northeast better head to the airport right about now.

Tuesday Boston is predicted to get about 6" of snow and it will continue snowing right through to late Wednesday dropping a total of about 20".

We already have gotten about 60" of snow thus far this winter. Streets are so narrow because of all the snow having been plowed there truly are cities and towns that have no where to put 20 more inches.

The mounds piled by our plow guy in front of our house from clearing our driveway are over 7' tall. We cannot see when we back out of our garages/driveway.

Whew....... this is getting out of control !!!! :(

So, cruisers....... If you live in the northeast, I hope you are checking your travel plans. Airport nightmare, here we go again.

Anyone who wants to get out of the Northeast better head to the airport right about now.

Tuesday Boston is predicted to get about 6" of snow and it will continue snowing right through to late Wednesday dropping a total of about 20".

We already have gotten about 60" of snow thus far this winter. Streets are so narrow because of all the snow having been plowed there truly are cities and towns that have no where to put 20 more inches.

The mounds piled by our plow guy in front of our house from clearing our driveway are over 7' tall. We cannot see when we back out of our garages/driveway.

Whew....... this is getting out of control !!!! :(

So, cruisers....... If you live in the northeast, I hope you are checking your travel plans. Airport nightmare, here we go again.

Sixty degrees and nice here in Las Vegas...;)

enough with the warm weather reports :rolleyes::eek: We're suffering up here (as in North). Not that far north, but yes, another Nor 'Easter is headed up the coast. Oh, the joy to live in Atlantic Canada.

Hopefully a lot of our cc friends do as we do and plan to at least leave one or two days before our cruise. If not, definitely get on the phone and change your flight so you avoid this mess.

Wish that was the problem right now - instead I will shovel out again :eek:

definitely booking an outa' here cruise next year, but our Prisendam cruise will be here before we know it :)

safe travels & smooth seas to all :)

Hi Kazu,

Where in New Brunswick are you? We have a summer home in Rose Bay, NS, on the South Shore, 20 minutes from Lunenburg. You asked for no more warm weather reports, so I will just tell you that tomorrow is the first day Sarasota, FL is supposed to get above 70 degrees! It's been chilly here, too.

Ricki

Connecticut here

We don't have anyplace to put anymore snow :(

Sail is right , You pull out of your driveway or stop at a corner, you have to be halfway out in the intersection to see if any cars are coming the other way. The snow is piled up like a mountain at every single corner.

Kazu....Where in NB are you? I have a friend in Moncton who says even for you guys , the snow has been crazy this winter.

COME ON SUMMER >>>>>DON"T BE LATE *LOL*

Come on down to Sunny Florida Many great buys nice houses and condos.Then you can cruise at a moments notice too.LOL

Sounds great but DH is not retired. :)

Looks like I might have to change my plans to go to Boston on Wednesday!

How does the airport handle snowstorms up there?

If you really were planning to come to Boston, I'd check with your airline. Chances are not good for you as many, most, probably all flights into Logan will be cancelled if the storm comes as expected.

Logan handles snow well and we are used to it but this is a record breaking winter for us.

Not so different from when I was growing up in Upper Michigan...

...in the fall and spring, it was more direct to walk to school through the field behind the house - but in the winter, the only way to get to school was on top of the snowdrift on the side of the road looking into people's 2nd-story windows.

Don't ask me how I crossed the street at the intersection!!!

We're supposed to get freezing precip on Tuesday. Nothing like the NE, though. I truly feel for you guys.

United has already announced it will waive change fees for those flying through their hub in Chicago. Don't know about other airlines. I appreciate United taking this stance up front. Maybe it will put pressure on other carriers to do the same.

Say safe out there!

I am supposed to fly to FLL on Thursday from Chicago to meet the Westerdam on Friday .... Wonder what my chances are .....

Meeting this ship later on would be a definite downer as we are in Half Moon Cay on Sat and then two days at sea. By the time the ship gets to Curacao the cruise is over half over. I am reading the fine print on our cruise insurance now. :(

chances might be pretty good depending how good Chicago is at cleaning up O'Hare. The storm will have passed through a good amount of time before you are scheduled to fly. Have you listened to your local forecast or checked on line? Should give you something of an idea of timing of the storm as pertains to Chicago.

Of course, do the usual 'check with your airline' etc.

Good luck. Hope your flights goes smoothly as scheduled.

Midwest is not fairings much better we are suppose to get 6 to 8inches over the next 36 hours. I head to Denver for a couple of days on business hope we don't get skewed up as we leave on Thursday to catch the Westy on Friday. 80 degree weather is sounding great

Not so different from when I was growing up in Upper Michigan...

...in the fall and spring, it was more direct to walk to school through the field behind the house - but in the winter, the only way to get to school was on top of the snowdrift on the side of the road looking into people's 2nd-story windows.

Don't ask me how I crossed the street at the intersection!!!

No wonder you now live near my hometown in the Bay!

American Airlines is admitting nothing yet ... If the storm is ten inches or less and done on Wed evening we should be good to go on Thursday evening when I fly ... As long as American has flown the equipment in to Chicago.

The admittedly conservative estimate for Chicago is 12 to 18 inches at present ... They actually expect more than that. And storm predictions are undependable as to amount and when they are to actually arrive. But the forecasters at present seem to agree that no matter what weather model they use this is likely to be the "mother" of all storms for the year. Late January to early February is our time of year here for the big ones.

Though we seek relief from winter, it seems to be winter itself that may get in our way.

I feel terrible for anyone that has to deal with a ton of snow. Unless you deal with it you have no idea what a PITA it is. It makes me cringe when people say "I just love winter". Those must be people that don't have to deal with it for 8 months of the year. For some of us that are still earning a living we just can't get up and leave. It's been snowing in Calgary since Friday and I am so sick of dealing with it. I dread the commute tomorrow. Sail, I really feel for you guys. I've heard how much snow you've had this year and it really sucks.

Thanks, Lorekauf.

Lots of us are starting to worry about the weight of all that snow on our roofs. It is literally tons of weight and flat roofs are collapsing. Nothing funny about any of it at this point.

Our forecasters seem really nervous about this storm on top of all we have on the ground now.

Thanks, Lorekauf.

Lots of us are starting to worry about the weight of all that snow on our roofs. It is literally tons of weight and flat roofs are collapsing. Nothing funny about any of it at this point.

Our forecasters seem really nervous about this storm on top of all we have on the ground now.

That's terrible. I've got my fingers crossed that this next storm will miss you. Good luck!

I really feel for all of you! Getting to your cruises sounds like it might be a real hassle.I know that it is recommended to get in a day before but sounds like even that won't be a safety net.I am taking my first Spring break cruise this year,but living 10 minutes from the port it isn't a problem.With the Westerdam leaving on Friday I have to take off an extra day.If I lived up North it would be very difficult for us to take off any earlier.We woulkd be in big trouble.

My husband is scheduled to fly into St. Louis for business on Wednesday morning. Weather reports say ice on Tuesday turning into snow overnight. They expect up to 12" through noon on Wednesday. Chances are the flight will be cancelled. I made a reservation for him at an airport hotel in the event he makes it to the St. Louis airport, but can't make it on to the meeting until the next day. Airport hotels really book-up during storms... He can cancel up until 6 p.m. Better safe than sorry.

B

My husband is scheduled to fly into St. Louis for business on Wednesday morning. Weather reports say ice on Tuesday turning into snow overnight. They expect up to 12" through noon on Wednesday. Chances are the flight will be cancelled. I made a reservation for him at an airport hotel in the event he makes it to the St. Louis airport, but can't make it on to the meeting until the next day. Airport hotels really book-up during storms... He can cancel up until 6 p.m. Better safe than sorry.

B

Great we are flying through St Louis on Thursday on our way to Florida hopefully it will be cleared up by then. One of the benefits of flying in a day early for the cruise.

We've had so much winter crud, snow, ice, frigid temps, melting then freezing, highways closed, etc, that DH is taking yet another day off work so we have some options about when to drive to our airport city. Where we are staying overnight. Before doing 2 days' pre cruise in San Diego. I feel badly for him -- lots of vacation days more or less wasted on travel and contingency.

Archived