How are muster stations decided?

This may be an odd question, but if anyone might know?

We are on the Enchantment in April, and I'm wondering how the split the boat up for muster stations? We have three cabins, all in the aft portion of the boat. #7171 and #7671, which are right next to each other but on opposite sides of the divide line down the ship. Then we have a JS across the hall on the same side as 7171.

My question is, I have two of my children booked with friends in 7671, I assumed that we would all go to the same station. But if they split the boat in half length wise, we'd be at different stations. I'm just wondering if she'll have to take the two kids without us. Thanks! :D

If is done by sections...Those passengers shown on the manifest shown in a specific sectionwill report to their assigned station. It is only for a short time and your kids will (depending on the ages) also have wrist bands for the week showing their station.

If the kids are somehow assigned to a different muster station based on cabin assignments, just tell the people giving out the wristbands that they need to have the same letter as you. No problem. This way, if the worst happens, the camp will route your kids to the "right" station so they can meet up with you.

If the kids are somehow assigned to a different muster station based on cabin assignments, just tell the people giving out the wristbands that they need to have the same letter as you. No problem. This way, if the worst happens, the camp will route your kids to the "right" station so they can meet up with you.

Arnt muster stations set up for cabin# but also by # of pax as each muster station is assigned a certain # of life boats

I'm reasonably sure that 7171 and 7172 will go to muster stations on the port side while 7671 will go to starboard, if this ship does the out on deck muster drill. Is it a hardship to assign your kids to 7171 instead of 7671? I don't think it's so simple to re-assign a muster station as the suggestion to just get their wristband saying the same as your station. Muster stations are assigned based on passenger loading. That said, I don't know what method they use for muster stations on that ship. If it's in a lounge or dining room, then they won't be splitting it from port and starboard, but rather complete sections of the ship so your cabins would all go to the same place.

Sorry, they can't do that...we've been thru this before where MIL and DD were on opposite side of ship...so for the drill I took DD and DW went with her mom...minor explanation at the drill muster station but not a big deal.

The wrist band will have to be based on where their cabin is assigned.

I'm curious about this as well...

We used to always have outside (stand in line on the deck) muster stations. But ever since we made platinum almost all (if not all?) our muster stations have been in various lounges or the dining room.

We didn't know if it was some sort of Platinum (and higher) perk to not have to stand outside during muster...of it is just a coincidence that we have had interior muster stations since making Platinum.

The first time it happened my mom made the comment that's it's very nice to be able to sit down, and be in air conditioning during the muster...but if the ship was really going down we would want to be outside in line for a life boat, not in some lounge patiently waiting our turn, lol :D

We used to always have outside (stand in line on the deck) muster stations. But ever since we made platinum almost all (if not all?) our muster stations have been in various lounges or the dining room.

We didn't know if it was some sort of Platinum (and higher) perk to not have to stand outside during muster...of it is just a coincidence that we have had interior muster stations since making Platinum.

It's just coincidence. Muster stations are assigned by location only.

Port side cabins will typically have a port side muster station. Starboard side cabins will typically have starboard side muster stations.

The few times I've had an indoor muster station my cabin was extremely close to the centrum - on my first cruise and my last cruise.

In the OP's case, the muster stations will be outside almost all the way to the back of the ship. 7671 will most likely be on the starboard side muster station and 7171 will be on the port side muster station.

The first time it happened my mom made the comment that's it's very nice to be able to sit down, and be in air conditioning during the muster...but if the ship was really going down we would want to be outside in line for a life boat, not in some lounge patiently waiting our turn, lol :D

That's exactly what we told our kids as we stood out on deck outside the dining room window, and they asked why there was people inside who got to sit down. I said "well, if we are sinking, we are leaving first" LOL.

Muster stations are decided by access points. Each fire zone has an access point down to the mustering deck, be it a Crew stairs or guest stairs.

During an emergency, the fire doors will be shut, and you will use the stairs in your fire zone to get down to the mustering deck, this is done to seclude the fire (if there should be one), (They would not let you cross fire zones) when you get down to the mustering deck, depending on the engineering of the ship and the exact positioning of the life boats, you may have to move forward or aft a bit, but your life boat should be in the area.

Is it a hardship to assign your kids to 7171 instead of 7671?

I kinda have a lot of kids :o. We have two in the one room and two in the other :) Thanks for the advice everyone, they can handle the older two for just a little bit on their own if necessary!

Archived