How does Carnival usually handle smokers in the cabins?

lemondog

We were on the 1/22 sailing of the Triumph. We were on the 2nd floor...and the last 2 nights of the cruise someone was doing some SERIOUS pot smoking in one of the cabins mid-ship (very near the laundry room). It was so bad I think I could have gotten high just sitting out in the hall.

The first night everyone that was down there was talking about it, so people definitely were aware. I thought the employees would put an end to it, but nope.....next night, same place, same overwhelming smell of marijuana.

I really could care what you choose to smoke, but for the love of pete DO NOT SMOKE IN AN ENCLOSED STATEROOM!! I can't tell you how many times they made it clear to us that fire was their number one concern and absolutely no candles, smoking, hot plates, irons, etc. were to be in any of the staterooms. If you have to smoke a joint that bad, go out to a deserted deck area. Or better yet, book a room with a balcony. But DO NOT smoke your weed in a cabin where you put the entire ship at risk!

I am just pretty shocked it was obviously not handled the first night and nipped in the bud. I would think Carnival would frown quite heavily upon smoking in the cabins. Especially considering what they were smoking.

I really could care what you choose to smoke, but for the love of pete DO NOT SMOKE IN AN ENCLOSED STATEROOM!!

Are you angry because it was pot and not a cigarette? Carnival allows smoking in the cabins. Cigarettes are no more safe from a fire standpoint. There are dozens of recent threads about smoking, if you search for them. Another one really isn't needed. It's all been said before.

We were on the 1/22 sailing of the Triumph. We were on the 2nd floor...and the last 2 nights of the cruise someone was doing some SERIOUS pot smoking in one of the cabins mid-ship (very near the laundry room). It was so bad I think I could have gotten high just sitting out in the hall.

The first night everyone that was down there was talking about it, so people definitely were aware. I thought the employees would put an end to it, but nope.....next night, same place, same overwhelming smell of marijuana.

I really could care what you choose to smoke, but for the love of pete DO NOT SMOKE IN AN ENCLOSED STATEROOM!! I can't tell you how many times they made it clear to us that fire was their number one concern and absolutely no candles, smoking, hot plates, irons, etc. were to be in any of the staterooms. If you have to smoke a joint that bad, go out to a deserted deck area. Or better yet, book a room with a balcony. But DO NOT smoke your weed in a cabin where you put the entire ship at risk!

I am just pretty shocked it was obviously not handled the first night and nipped in the bud. I would think Carnival would frown quite heavily upon smoking in the cabins. Especially considering what they were smoking.

I don't have anything else to add that hasn't been said already, but I had to LOL at your pun, intentional or not. :cool:

I knew that you could smoke Cigarettes in your cabin. But I can't beleive that nothing was done about someone smoking POT....:eek:

I would think they would have put a stop to that immediately. Nothing against people who choose to smoke weed, but I can't stand the smell of it so I would have been complaining every 5 minutes until something was done.......

Iv had two cruises within just the last year where someone in my hallway was obviously smoking. One time security was there, but didnt know if they were there for those folks or not. The other time they opened the door as I walked by, ... it was obvious (they had a inside cabin, so no where else for the smoke to go).

I asked the cabin steward but he wouldnt say if it was ok or not or those folks were in trouble. I can say to anyone thinking of doing it .. your whole hall will know!!

I can say to anyone thinking of doing it .. your whole hall will know!!

As far as indoor pot smoking goes, I smelled it in a hotel hallway in Vegas. Big clue as to where it was coming from was the towel sticking out from under the door. Probably they thought to do that after lighting up.

We had a very similar situation on the Ecstasy last year... lots of smoke even out into the hall from the inside cabin directly across from our OV.

When we got back to Galveston a couple of Galveston PD came aboard and hauled our neighbors away...

I don't think the security folks on Carnival need to enforce the law... just advise the authorities of blatant violations...

:)

Perhaps it was not handled because you and others didn't bother to bring your concerns to Guest Services...who could have actually put an end to it. Why would you say or do nothing...and then complain about it?

I don't get it.

Archived