Most Comfortable Triple Cabins Eclipse

cpinstein

I'm taking my 2 adult daughters on the Eclipse. Is it better to get a cabin with an upper berth or pull out sofa for comfort and convenience?

(My husband, who is not going, says he's going to start a new Reality Show called the Survivor of the Triple Cabin!)

I'm taking my 2 adult daughters on the Eclipse. Is it better to get a cabin with an upper berth or pull out sofa for comfort and convenience?

(My husband, who is not going, says he's going to start a new Reality Show called the Survivor of the Triple Cabin!)

Upper berth will probably be a better mattress than the pull out and the pull out will take up lots of floor space and make it difficult to get around the cabin at night. BUT someone has to climb the ladder to the upper [and not be afraid of rolling out of bed;)]. I'd say you present it this way to your daughters and see if one of them is comfortable with the upper; if so go that way. If they both say "Not ME!" then I think the pull out is the answer. [Or perhaps one can take the upper for half the cruise, and the other for the other half - bedding is usually changed half way through the cruise, or at any time upon special request if that is an issue.]

Enjoy your cruise

Thom

I could be wrong, but I don't think the S class even has upper berths. The triples we have been in use the sofa as a bed, but it does not fold out - they place a thin mattress on top of the seating area. I have slept in it, and it is not that bad (not as bad as the fold-outs on the M class, but not as comfortable as the upper berths). It is a bit short for tall people, but at 5'6" I was fine.

Yes, they do have upper berths as our family has had them on Solstice. They are marked as being a 5 person room although they only allow 4.

3 person rooms have the top of the couch as the 3rd bed.

4 person rooms are the above plus a drawer that pulls out from under the couch. It does not raise up and makes it impossible to get to the balcony if you have one.

My kids tell me the pull down bed is the most comfy.

Archived