The Great Outdoors Described (Jewel)

RBAlbany

...and the point is? :confused:

PE

that the OP seems to think it is another restaurant that NCL is offerring...when in fact it is common place on most modern ships...it is the outside/poolside/late night/deck party...whatever you wwant to call it type of food service spot.....that is the point..ok..but thanks for adding your thoughts

that the OP seems to think it is another restaurant that NCL is offerring...when in fact it is common place on most modern ships...it is the outside/poolside/late night/deck party...whatever you wwant to call it type of food service spot.....that is the point..ok..but thanks for adding your thoughts

Sorry, no need to get snippy. I was just asking for clarification (notice the confused emoticon).

Besides there is a separate buffet area out in The Great Outdoors with a bar available also. The one time I was on a Carnival ship there was indeed an aft seating area but it did not have a separate buffet or dining option.

PE

Sorry' date=' no need to get snippy. I was just asking for clarification (notice the confused emoticon).[/color']

Besides there is a separate buffet area out in The Great Outdoors with a bar available also. The one time I was on a Carnival ship there was indeed an aft seating area but it did not have a separate buffet or dining option.

PE

the CCL outdoor buffets that I have seen on at least 2 ships are near the pools...and have outdoor seating.

As far as snippy....whenever someone says to me.."and the point is"...I do not like it...never have never will...it is just one of those comments that has morphed into our lexicon that basically pisses off alot of folks...so does "whatever" and the ever popular "How rude!"

almost gives off the impression that the other person is speaking down to you.

JMHO...and really is not directed at you...really..I am just commenting on this snowy day while I kill time before I pick up dd from school that decided way to late that they needed an early release today and disrupted everyone's work schedule's:mad:

the CCL outdoor buffets that I have seen on at least 2 ships are near the pools...and have outdoor seating.

As far as snippy....whenever someone says to me.."and the point is"...I do not like it...never have never will...it is just one of those comments that has morphed into our lexicon that basically pisses off alot of folks...so does "whatever" and the ever popular "How rude!"

almost gives off the impression that the other person is speaking down to you.

JMHO...and really is not directed at you...really..I am just commenting on this snowy day while I kill time before I pick up dd from school that decided way to late that they needed an early release today and disrupted everyone's work schedule's:mad:

NCL ships that have a Great Outdoors, which includes a separate buffet, also have a buffet line by the pool with outdoor seating.

So, to correct your statement "it appears that the Great Outdoors is NOT just like any other line I have cruised". I don't like incorrect information, never have, never will.

PE

I appreciate all the inout an photos to my question. I am looking forward to hanging out here. I'll send my oldest son to go get me a good beer at Maltings!!

Enjoy yourself!

It was good to know they have different offerings in Maltings. I did not know that. Sounds like the beer tasting should be good, sorry I missed that one. There's a nice area next to maltings where you can sit and relax. You'll see foot traffic going by, but you'll be away from the hub bub of traffic. The bartenders and servers will bring you snack goodies as well. There's two flat screen tv's there as well with sporting events on it.

We had a great time on the Jewel, hope you feel the same way about your cruise.

Kathy

@shepherdqueen -

…that's why we did not like the Dawn. Single line in the buffet and no Great Outdoors.

@spacewoman -

You are prepared for your son to come back with half the beer missing - due to "rough seas", aren't you? :)

Archived