Help me please Panorama or Lido??

Halya50

Hoping for those of you whom have sailed on the Glory, can you tell me which deck you prefer? We decided last minute to do a B2B and couldn't book ES. Our cruise since has gone down 120 pp.

I contacted our PVP and he said we could go from deck 7 to either Panorama or Lido.

I would love your opinions, and some rooms you would avoid and why. He hasnt' sent me my options of rooms to look at yet, I did request it.

Thanking you in advance for your opinions,

I LOVE the Lido Deck on the Conquest Class ships. Very convenient to all of the fan and fewer passenger cabins equals less traffic in the halls and less noise!

The only downside about the Panorama deck would be cabin location... some of those forward cabins are directly below the gym...

:)

We have done the Panorama Deck on both the Conquest and Glory. In fifteen days, we will be on the Dream on the Panorama Deck. We always choose a cabin at the beginning of the cabins, not the front of the ship. We love them. Both decks are so close to all of the action. You'll enjoy either deck.

Once you go Lido, you'll never go back!:)

I can't wait for my Lindo deck cabin in 24 more days on the Triumph!!!! I'm glad to hear so many people like that deck. I was a little worried about being on the Lido and forward on the ship. Actually, I realized that our cabin is really in the same portion of the ship as our cabin was on the Miracle except now we are on the Lido deck.

I thought the lido deck was frowned upon because of the lack of privacy, as you had people walking/jogging around outside your cabin?

I am interested to know more as I am scouting a cruise honeymoon for my daughter this Fall (Glory 9/5/11). She will most likely book an Oceanview. Any suggestions? Balcony is a bit over their price range... besides I do not want to set a standard so high future cruises would be a disappointment. My experience has only been on RC so I do not know layout of Carnival ships that well. I do know not to have dining room, pool, or gym above you... Help

Meanwhile I will scout the Panorama and Lido Decks.

I thought the lido deck was frowned upon because of the lack of privacy, as you had people walking/jogging around outside your cabin?
I was worried about people outside our cabin and it wasn't an issue at all. People do use Lido for the atrium elevators, but they aren't walking right outside the cabins to get to the elevators.

My mistake.

After seeing the diagrams of the ship I now realize my concerns of privacy were for the promenade deck. Sorry.

I also now see that the Glory appears to have an abundance of balcony cabins. Looks like the Royal Caribbean Ocean view cabins I am familiar with are not as plentiful on the Glory. Probably a result of the recent overhaul?

Archived