SWIMMINg ON THE AZURA

torty

Reading the reports, it would appear that getting to have a swim on the Azura is unlikely and to get a lounger near one of the pools virtually impossible. Can anyone advise if this is on port days as well as sea days. We've come to expect the pools on any cruise line to be crowded on sea days, but have usually managed to get a swim on port days but are feeling this will probably be unlikely on the Azura. The more I read about it, the worse the Azura sounds. Hopefully going with such low expectations might work in our favour and we'll be in for a pleasant surprise. Can anyone raise our expectations just a little.

You would not have any problem getting a swim. The biggest pool is where the Seascreen is, so if you take earplugs with you, you should be fine :-)

You can also swim in the Terrace Pool at the stern, but it is very small. Or, there is another pool behind the one where the Seascreen is. You can always swim.

Hi

I too have had cause for concern as the Azura seems to get a slating on this website. When you actually pick through the reviews you'll find that most causes for concern are very trivial and not really worth a mention. I mean, whether ketchup was replenished immediately or whether clean glasses were warm when you wanted a cold drink seems to trivial to notice.

Enjoy your holiday:)

Gillian

My problem with Azura was nothing to do with that. I hate the crowded feel of the ship, especially when going through the colder weather as everyone was inside. I didn't like the layout, I hated the constant noise of music wherever you were and also the unbelievable noise from the Seascreen. But I think that has been toned down.

Pre breakfast swim can't be beaten - you'll have the pool to yourself!

We've only been on Ventura, but I did wonder where all the passengers would go on Azura during a cool and rainy North Sea crossing for a fjord trip.

It rained on our trip across to Norway and the covered pool area was a bonus and very busy.

With all ships the very best time for a swim is either early or as I prefer late. Once everybody on first sitting goes off to get ready( about 5.30) the pool areas empty and you can have the pool and spa to yourself then go back to the cabin shower and change for dinner

Archived