Thank goodness...

frazzledrazzle16

...we are cruising in two weeks!!! I just spent FOUR HOURS digging out my driveway with drifts taller than I am. Our little single-stage blower couldn't handle the job and quit out on us early. We haven't even seen a plow pass by yet, and once they do I am going to have to do it all over again!!! The only thing keeping me sane right now is imagining myself lounging in the sun in a spot overlooking the ocean with a DOD in my hand.

OP...Are you in the city itself or the burbs? We're in Aurora and my DH has been out 4 times today, trying to finish ours and help the neighbors. It's beautiful, but I keep telling myself that in 2 months I'll be laying on the beach for 3 days, then headed out for 8 on the sea. Ahhhh!!!

I'm in Buffalo Grove. We tried going out last night to get a head start on some of the snow but couldn't handle the snow & cold whipping in my face. Plus everything in our garage is wet because it all got covered in snow just from the few minutes it was open. Crazyness!!!

Other nice warm thoughts... first stepping into the atrium during embarkation, tea time, singing along at the piano bar, the little ping noise the machine makes when you leave the ship to go into port, movies under the stars, towel animals & chocolates on my pillow, getting all guzzied up and dressing to the 9's for formal night, meeting tons of people in the hot tub and stopping to say hi thoughout the cruise, the NY strip at the steakhouse (yum!), deck parties...

Ahhhhhhh! What snow??? :D

I hear ya, We even got hit hard in the south by Peotone. Now the cold is coming! Ugh. I have to wait til June! Jealous of you guys going soon!

You need to find a nice little pack-and-go deal for just you and your hubby or mom or sister or friend...a tide you over cruise.

I'm near Kankakee and we spent the morning digging out and then redigging out after the plows came by. That storm was crazy. I hope the airports dig out and get back up and going soon. I leave on Friday for my Spirit cruise on Sunday. Can't wait to get on the ship, watch the Superbowl (too bad the Bears didn't make it) and enjoy a drink of the day.

im a little ways from you guys ... im in central oklahoma ... we got the first of the storm yall just got ... dropped around 13-21" all across oklahoma !

the only difference is yall are used to the weather

WE ARE NOT !

but i keep thinking ... 22 days till we leave !

...we are cruising in two weeks!!! I just spent FOUR HOURS digging out my driveway with drifts taller than I am. Our little single-stage blower couldn't handle the job and quit out on us early. We haven't even seen a plow pass by yet, and once they do I am going to have to do it all over again!!! The only thing keeping me sane right now is imagining myself lounging in the sun in a spot overlooking the ocean with a DOD in my hand.

Drink one for all us cc'ers still in the north........and not a frozen fufu's.....:D

Enjoy your vacation!!!!

I was out there for about 7 hours today,in Des Plaines, I don't know how I'm going to deliver mail on Thursday if all the blocks I deliver look like where I live. Nobody bothered yet with sidewalks and front paths, just driveways! I put my mail on hold just to make it easier for my letter carrier.

Now I wish the plow would do more than half a street width, I expanded my driveway by about 7 feet because the guy just did the one side of the street. My back is killing me! :eek:

Hey, it's the Chicago thread!!!

We're leaving 2/24 for Miami and board Liberty on 2/26. Cannot wait after digging out from under 20 inches of snow -

any of you get mail today? I seem to remember mail delivery in '79. ***** happened to the post office's motto "neither rain, nor snow ... " (not that I blame them - our mailman is probably at home looking for airfare to tahiti!)

NO school again tomorrow, either - we're in Geneva. Not sure exactly why as our street is clear now, but I haven't ventured out, so don't know the condition of the roads in general. I'm guessing that the school didn't dig out today and plans to do it tomorrow.

Archived