Veteran benefits on O?

longduo

On your 5th + cruise you get an OBC as you cruise more you get more perks

After you return from your first cruise you get a $200 voucher to be used off your next cruise (must be used in a specific period of time)

If you shop around you could find a TA that will give you Gratuities or OBC

Believe Longduo was not asking about the frequent floater benefits (Oceania Club) but if Oceania provides any military discount to active duty military men or women or retired military. Princess, for example, depending on the length of your cruise will give the veteran (with proof of service at time of booking) a $75,$100 and $250 OBC. Wonderful way to say thanks to the tremendous sacrifices our veterans have made for our freedom.

I have asked Oceania (late last year) leadership to consider establishing a military discount program, believe it would help further distinguish Oceania at the top of it's class. Am still waiting to hear from the senior Director I contacted--am sure he has to approach FDR or Bob Binder with this suggestion.

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

Active duty still, myself. Peeking at the industry over the years, I've personally never seen anything for the military from O. We decided to bite the bullet and do our first O sailing anyway, to try it out this year. (after a year in Iraq) Should be good.

A group of us did just receive a military discount on Oceania--retired, disabled, and even vets that serviced during a war. However, guess it was "trial" with one of the other cruise sites and think dropped when some complained not offered to all agents! In fact, when I called Oceania directly, the person I spoke with knew nothing about such a program. Have been told it will be fine tuned and available again. Hope so as it was a nice discount and much appreciated.

Believe Longduo was not asking about the frequent floater benefits (Oceania Club) but if Oceania provides any military discount to active duty military men or women or retired military. Princess, for example, depending on the length of your cruise will give the veteran (with proof of service at time of booking) a $75,$100 and $250 OBC. Wonderful way to say thanks to the tremendous sacrifices our veterans have made for our freedom.

I have asked Oceania (late last year) leadership to consider establishing a military discount program, believe it would help further distinguish Oceania at the top of it's class. Am still waiting to hear from the senior Director I contacted--am sure he has to approach FDR or Bob Binder with this suggestion.

Thanks for the clarification. I never thought about how veteran could also be interpreted as past O sailors rather than military veterans! I appreciate all of the replies.

Colonel(Ret)Wes, thanks for pursuing this with Oceania. It would be a wonderful tribute to our military vets who have sacrificed a lot for our freedom.

Either way, we will continue to sail with Oceania!

• 3 years later...