Pareo for an indoor restaurant?

SailorMom37

Can this pareo be worn in the inside dining room?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Can this pareo be worn in the inside dining room?

• Yes - except formal nights, of course
    • Yes - but you'd be very out of place
    • Maybe - be forewarned you may be asked to leave
    • Absolutely not!

OK - I did a "pareo sarong" search of the boards, but did get this quite answered.

We're going on a Caribbean cruise in May - on RCL

Would this

SailorMom37

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sarong-Hand-painted-Bouquet-Hibiscus-Hawaiian-Wrap-/220485695149?pt=US_CSA_WC_Swimwear&hash=item3355f8b6ad

Be ok to wear at breakfast and lunch? Indoor and outdoor?

Possibly dinner? (obviously not the formal ones....)

The dining room may consider it to be a bathing suit cover up. Even the buffet may not allow it. I was just walking through the buffet in a pareo to get a cookie and they turned me away.

But, you never know....it could be the attitude/perception of the attendant at the door ;) A sundress would pass. Your pareo is lovely, but one positive response should not convince you, it may set you up for disappointment once onboard.

Well - that's what I was concerned about. For all intents and purposes - it is a sundress. But because it is not sewn as one - will it still be seen by many as a coverup?

I'll have nice espadrille, closed toe sandals on with it, hiar fixed, make-up etc. It won't look as if I just got out of the pool.....

Hmmmm....

That was the direction I was going as well- lunch and breakfast, but not dinner.

Now - having never been on a cruise - is the MDR at breakfast and lunch casual? Shorts, sundresses, etc? Or is it still a situation of no shorts/no jeans?

If it is casual - I think I'll be fine.

IMO, I think it's perfectly fine for the buffet any time of day, but not really the MDR (even for breakfast or lunch). I had one similar from Hilo Hattie's in Hawaii, and while it was cute and could be worn different ways, it was still a swimsuit cover-up.

I don't think it's appropriate for the dining room, especially for dinner. It should be ok in the buffet area. It's cute, but it does look more like a cover-up than a sundress, IMO.

Shorts and other casual wear are fine in the MDR for breakfast and lunch.

Archived