Age issues for G/L couples

Bakincakes

We are having a discussion on the RCCL board about some lines who won't allow pax under certain ages to book cruises.

Some lines will allow married, underaged pax, sail if they can produce a marriage certificate.

I was wondering how gay couples handle that situation, especially if you can't produce that kind of paperwork. Not all States will issue even civil union certificates, let alone marriage certificates.

Anyone have that issue and how did your line of choice handle it?

Thanks!!

I would imagine the number of "underage" (21?) gay couples desperately wanting to cruise on a mainstream line would be pretty small. I would hazard a guess that if they had the desire to take a cruise ship, they would be partying on a chartered vessel that catered more specifically to their tastes.....:)

I would imagine the number of "underage" (21?) gay couples desperately wanting to cruise on a mainstream line would be pretty small. I would hazard a guess that if they had the desire to take a cruise ship, they would be partying on a chartered vessel that catered more specifically to their tastes.....:)

That seems doubtful. If you look at the roll calls for the gay forum, the vast majority of us are sailing on mainstream cruises.

For Atlantis you have to be over 21 or if 18-21 you must travel with a companion 25 or older. For RSVP you have to be 21.

Archived