Question about Coral and Panama Canal Cruise

huskerdan25

We have been on the Coral to Alaska this past July and love it! My question is about the Caribe deck balconies. I noticed on the deck plan that there are portions of the ship that jut out such as C420. If anyone knows, what is the difference between say C420 and C414? Is the balcony on one more exposed that the other? It isn't a big deal but we are close to deciding to do the full transit Panama Canal cruise on the Coral next January instead of the Star Princess cruise to Hawaii in April 2012.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

I would also like to know the answer to this question. (Yes, I have seen the Coral/Island website posted.)

Are the Caribe balconies on the middle bump out (Cat BD - C418, 420, etc.) the same size as the ones above them (Cat BC, same location and numbers). We had a Cat BC in this location on the Island and from what I could see by looking down, the balconies looked the same size. But, I know the Caribe balconies are usually the largest ones on all the other ships, so I thought I would ask just to be sure.

I forgot to finish the answer...so C414 is large with a completely open balcony....C420 is partially covered but smaller. For my money, your best bet is the deck below...Dolphin 418, 419, 501, and 502 are large, completely covered balconies for less $$$!

sailed on Coral for the Panama in 09. I believe the bump outs on the caribe deck are all uncovered. Aalso if you are not in a bump out you don't want your cabin to close to a bump out as you will be looking into the other person's balcony when you look out. On our Panama cruise we were about 3 cabins down from a bump out and if you looked left you looked right on their balcony.

Previous poster is incorrect. Caribe balconies are about 3/4 covered by the deck above on the bump-outs and not covered at all on non-bumpouts. Please see the picture at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278604

Maybe I am missing something but we always book the caribe balcony midship. Non- bumpout and our balcony is partially covered near the door and opened on the larger section. I know that the dolphin deck below is fully opened.

For now we are booked in C420 which is one of the balconies on the bump out. I hope it is at least partially covered.

Anyway, we love the Coral and are super excited about doing the 14 day full transit Panama Canal cruise in Jan 2012! Hawaii will have to wait. We have heard way too many great things about the Panama Canal cruise to put it off any longer. And this will be our first cruise of more than 7 days! Woohoo! :)

Thanks for your input.

Archived