Drink coupons through Bon Voyage

adira

Someone posted a picture of their coupons that they got just a month or two ago - they now have a face value of $5.75 but the price is still $21.45, so actually you now save, I don't have time to do the math again, but if I recall correctly, it is about $1.36 savings per drink or thereabouts by using a coupon.

The price of the $5.75 drink coupons is $23.00, according to that link.:)

I'll let you know in three weeks when I get back from my cruise - there are no coupons listed on the website for $23.00, so I assume that's what they will charge for them when they get around to it - why they haven't done so yet, I don't know, I'm just going by the picture and the fact that those two people got those $5.75 coupons - what's that saying - a picture is worth a thousand words!!!! Maybe the guy photoshopped the coupon picture and the other guy lied in order to make those of us reading cc think we are getting a good deal :D

I'll let you know in three weeks when I get back from my cruise - there are no coupons listed on the website for $23.00, so I assume that's what they will charge for them when they get around to it - why they haven't done so yet, I don't know, I'm just going by the picture and the fact that those two people got those $5.75 coupons - what's that saying - a picture is worth a thousand words!!!! Maybe the guy photoshopped the coupon picture and the other guy lied in order to make those of us reading cc think we are getting a good deal :D

I just got my coupons out-- (left overs)

My coupon says good for any drink Not Exceeding 4.95.

wonder what that will get me now?

My coupons were 4 for 19.85 or something. I know it was under 20.

I know today those frozen drinks are over 7 bucks plus 15% grat.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

-- if you ordered then the payment should have been instant- even 24 hours . if you still did not have that taken out yet-- I would call to see if they got your order.

Edited by serene56

Oh no, I did get the email receipts for all the coupons I have ordered - got a sheet each pay over the last couple of months. I meant that I will find out if they have a face value of $5.75 as the posters on the other thread received or if they are just making up stories and pictures! ;)

One person also said, on that same thread, that people with the $5.25 face coupons (they must've purchased them before?) were also getting a value of $5.75 for their coupons, so maybe you'll get the same for your $4.95 - now that'd be a deal - lol!

Edited by jtdlmc

Oh no, I did get the email receipts for all the coupons I have ordered - got a sheet each pay over the last couple of months. I meant that I will find out if they have a face value of $5.75 as the posters on the other thread received or if they are just making up stories and pictures! ;)

One person also said, on that same thread, that people with the $5.25 face coupons (they must've purchased them before?) were also getting a value of $5.75 for their coupons, so maybe you'll get the same for your $4.95 - now that'd be a deal - lol!

nah, the best deal-- was when I still had coupons left that used to sell 4 coupons for 15.00 then went to 19.99 and now over 21.00

I still have coupons that were 19.88 (just used the last of the ones I got in 2000 that sold for 4 for 15.00

BUT in the last 1 1/2 years the bar prices have went sky high.

Those frozen drinks were 4.95 2 years ago. those drink coupons covered the whole amount. Now those from drinks are now over 8 bucks

How long ago did you purchase yours? These were just from this past November. Maybe you had yours before they increased. I have never heard of them being worth more depending on the port of embarkation. I have a bunch waiting for me two weeks from tomorrow on the Legend and I sure hope they are worth $5.75 :D

These are from our Spirit cruise Dec. 10th...

I just got my coupons out-- (left overs)

My coupon says good for any drink Not Exceeding 4.95.

wonder what that will get me now?

Hi, Serene!!

In advance, I hope you'll have a great upcoming cruise vacation.

I can say with 100% certainty that your leftover bar credits that read $5.25 will be redeemed for $5.75. That's fleetwide, and without exception.

If I was a bettin' man on this, I'd wager that your earlier bar credits for the even lesser amount will also be redeemed for the $5.75, but I'll look forward to your recap, when you return, of what actually happened.

Bon Voyage!! :)

Not trying to be picky here, but I think I can clarify that a wee bit . . .

It actually says the value is $23.00, yet the price online is only $21.25 (at least for now).

:)

Hi, Serene!!

I can say with 100% certainty that your leftover bar credits that read $5.25 will be redeemed for $5.75. That's fleetwide, and without exception.

If I was a bettin' man on this, I'd wager that your earlier bar credits for the even lesser amount will also be redeemed for the $5.75, but I'll look forward to your recap, when you return, of what actually happened.

Hey, you're the one that posted the picture of the $5.75 coupons - I was beginning to think it was all in my imagination since I seemed to be the only one who could see it - lol;)

Hi, Serene!!

Fleetwide from what date? In December it wasn't on the Spirit....or maybe the bar waiter didn't get the memo:confused:

I know on our last cruise we bought apprx $100 in bar coupons to use & we were never charged the difference. It was our 1st cruise & we figure that the coupons would help keep our bar bill down (LOL) & I literally just pulled out my S&S statement (yes I still have it) to check & we were never charged on top of our coupons. Come to think of it, they never asked for our cards when we handed them a coupon. This could be because we tipped well from the beginning, I don't know.

I do like the idea of just purchasing OBC ahead of time because I did hate keeping up those coupons. This will be our 2nd cruise so we are still learning but I like that idea. :cool:

I know on our last cruise we bought apprx $100 in bar coupons to use & we were never charged the difference. It was our 1st cruise & we figure that the coupons would help keep our bar bill down (LOL) & I literally just pulled out my S&S statement (yes I still have it) to check & we were never charged on top of our coupons. Come to think of it, they never asked for our cards when we handed them a coupon. This could be because we tipped well from the beginning, I don't know.

I do like the idea of just purchasing OBC ahead of time because I did hate keeping up those coupons. This will be our 2nd cruise so we are still learning but I like that idea. :cool:

when was your last cruise-? Much has changed in the last year, especially with the pricing. I know that 2 years ago- we never had to pay the difference. The price of the frozen drinks used to be 4.75. so the coupon was nice- TODAY that same frozen drink is now 7.75 plus 15% grat.

I always kept the drink coupons inside the camera case since the camera was always with me.

We normally buy some drink coupons to take the edge off the final bill but we do find them to be a pain in the butt to keep on us. We have some left from a past cruise and will bring them this time.

This cruise, we will also pre-pay for OBC.

when was your last cruise-? Much has changed in the last year, especially with the pricing. I know that 2 years ago- we never had to pay the difference. The price of the frozen drinks used to be 4.75. so the coupon was nice- TODAY that same frozen drink is now 7.75 plus 15% grat.

I always kept the drink coupons inside the camera case since the camera was always with me.

We went May '09 so it has been a while but we were paying $6.95 + grat back then according to my S&S statement. We ran out of coupons so we have right many drink charges on there. LOL! :D

• 4 years later...

Is this program required? What if you want to purchase a drink outside of your room? Does it apply to inside/outside of your room? This seems a little excessive, especially if you have non-drinkers in the room with you.

Is this program required? What if you want to purchase a drink outside of your room? Does it apply to inside/outside of your room? This seems a little excessive, especially if you have non-drinkers in the room with you.

Thread is 4 years old. Things have changed.

the information in the thread is no longer valid. But to answer your question you do not need to purchase the cheers program- you can drink as you go