Where is the best Crab Cakes and Oysters in NOLA?

Cruisin Christi

Oh my God! Those soft shelled crabs look delicious. Are they from Coop's?

Galatoire's. Coops is more of a dive bar that has some decent food.

In season, lots of places will have soft shell crabs. You can even get soft shell crab poboys. :) you can get crab meat cocktails, crab remoulade, crabmeat au gratin, boiled crabs, etc.

Isnt Maryland the place famous for crab cakes?? Up in the NE? cruisenub if its crab cakes you be wanting .. you will have to take yet another cruise.. good excuse to book another one.

Maryland has the same blue crabs that Louisiana does. They sometimes ship them back and forth, when necessary. I guess just different cultures and tastes.

You can get crab cakes on your cruise.. they will be served as a appetizer even on the short cruises one night in the MDR :D

I still liked Brothers, and Im sure they had crab somethings

Well that is good to know. I put Brothers on my list. I will have to write down what all we do and eat so when you and I go we will have lots of choices ;)

You can get crab cakes on your cruise.. they will be served as a appetizer even on the short cruises one night in the MDR :D

I still liked Brothers, and Im sure they had crab somethings

Well that is good to know. I put Brothers on my list. I will have to write down what all we do and eat so when you and I go we will have lots of choices ;)

Then you probably want to put Mother's on your list, because that's what she means. Soft shell is all I saw on the menu.

http://www.mothersrestaurant.net/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

The best oysters are at Drago's inside of the hilton. They have charbroiled oysters that are to die for. And they have lobsters for pretty good price that are stuffed with crab/shrimp/crawfish and noodles. We eat there every single time we go to New Orleans

Archived