Latest Star Info

Wanna_Cruize

I was finally able to see the daily's .. thank you for posting..

I have a few questions..

first boy does there seem to be alot of upcharging for this and that

the launder bag special was on tuesday but it says you will get the cloths back by friday. Did it really take that long? if you plan on trying to wash and rewear and you dont get your cloths back you will be walking around the ship in your birthday suit.

it said kids 12 and under get charged 50% of the charge for the specialtiy restuarants? do they really charge that if the kids order kids food??? and if they are 2 and 4 ??

that seems crazy..

i noticed the temp it was cold on some days. I really home begining of may its warmer.

any have a room near the spinaker lounge. Ours is above it and I noticed its open till whenever?? scared i am going to hear it all night with 2 little ones?

any have a room near the spinaker lounge. Ours is above it and I noticed its open till whenever?? scared i am going to hear it all night with 2 little ones?

There are a couple of threads on here about that. Yes most of them were saying that the noise is very loud if you are in a cabin right above the lounge.

I have a few questions..

the launder bag special was on tuesday but it says you will get the cloths back by friday. Did it really take that long? if you plan on trying to wash and rewear and you dont get your cloths back you will be walking around the ship in your birthday suit.

it said kids 12 and under get charged 50% of the charge for the specialtiy restuarants? do they really charge that if the kids order kids food??? and if they are 2 and 4 ??

that seems crazy..

i noticed the temp it was cold on some days. I really home begining of may its warmer.

Did you see anything positive in the Freestyle Dailies ?

swedish weave....

just because I have questions about things that concern me doesnt mean I dont see any positive??

OK, I will try to answer your questions.

Upcharges are there for you to choose if you want to participate in those activities. There are many activities daily with no charges.

Our laundry has always been returned the following day.

The kids club is available if you do not want to take your children to the specialty restaurants. The specialty restaurants are available if you want to pay the charges and use them.

The 1/29 cruise was the coldest I have experienced in over 30 cruises to the Mexican Riviera on the Star.

We were in room 9226 above the Spinnaker and heard no noise at all from it. On deck 8, it could be different. I don't know.

They can and should charge for kids in the specialty restaurants. They are taking up space that could otherwise be sold to adult guests paying full price. If you don't want to pay for them (and you shouldn't if they aren't going to appreciate the food and ambiance) you can take them to the kids club.

I have a few questions..

that seems crazy..

that seems crazy..

Do they let kids that young in? I would think they'd get bored of a meal that took that long.

OK, here is a link to the Freestyle Dailies:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2QqUJZl-o3ZOWY2NzEyNTItNmZiZi00YWI4LWJkZWEtNDJlMDJjMTA0ZmIx&hl=en

Now, on to the photos of the menus, but that will take some editing to make them readable. I'll try and post them to the same Google Docs collection, so check back later.

Thanks for taking the time to post the dailies.

I have a few questions..

that seems crazy..

Upcharges are here to stay, but you can still have a fun time without it. As for the restuarants one of the reasons they do that is to discourage people from bringing young ones there. We did the MR last May first week. It was cool/cold til we hit Cabo then it warmed up same going back. The Pacific (west coast) is cooler/colder than the east coast or the gulf. Reading the Dailies I would be more concerned with your room location, looks like the Spinnaker rocks well passed midnight. That would trouble me more than all the above after reading the threads about deck 8 aft. Good luck wish you well.

Oh, BTW thanks 'OP' for the info, it will be put to good use in about 87 days :D

ok, here is a link to the freestyle dailies:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0b2qqujzl-o3zowy2nzeyntitnmzizi00ywi4lwjkzwetndjlmdjjmta0zmix&hl=en

now, on to the photos of the menus, but that will take some editing to make them readable. I'll try and post them to the same google docs collection, so check back later.

thank you so much for the dailies. I will be on the star in april and can now plan my days in advance. So looking forward to my third cruise on the star and some sunshine.

So sorry everyone, that I haven't been able to monitor this thread lately, but I'm slammed at work (that's what happens when you can't get a sub while you're gone, all the work just stacks up). Anyway, I've posted images of most of the menus I was able to get photos of, am just missing a couple from the main dining rooms on some night. It's all at the link I posted earlier on Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2QqUJZl-o3ZOWY2NzEyNTItNmZiZi00YWI4LWJkZWEtNDJlMDJjMTA0ZmIx&hl=en

Sorry some of the photos are sort of wonky, I can only blame the copious amounts of wine we brought on board.

I've posted images of most of the menus I was able to get photos of, am just missing a couple from the main dining rooms on some night. It's all at the link I posted earlier on Google Docs:

COOL!

Hey, what is the Best of All menu? Was that a special event? Was there a cost associated with it?

Mike

I asked this as its own question on the main board but nobody has answered. I hope they do as it sounds great.

Found this on another board on cruise critic

In addition to the two new restaurant menus, the Star also had three different special lunches (each available one day only).

The first was the "Jazz Brunch" menu.

The second was the "A Taste of India" menu.

[both of the above have been available for a while and have been discussed in other threads]

The third was a new (at least new to me :)) menu called "Best of All". This was held in La Cucina and had a $15pp cover charge. The menu featured the signature dishes from all of the specialty restaurants.

Hope this helps Schplinky

Here's what someone else said:

We were on the Gem a two weeks ago. The best of all menu was a lunch time special in Le Bistro. It was 15.00 per person. The menu was made up of all the favorites from all the specialty restaurants. From appetizers, to entrees, to desserts. It was fantastic!

Archived