Latest Star Info

Wanna_Cruize

Hello from onboard the Star, just returning from the Mexican Riviera. Mimosa in hand as we wait to be cleared to disembark, I thought I'd post a few tidbits now, with a full review to follow in a couple of days, when I get access to a real keyboard.

Mazatlan:

The burning question, if it hasn't already been answered is Yes, we did stop at Mazatlan. We were greeted with a mariachi band, lots of local dignitaries, and lots of news reporters. I didn't hear of any incidents that happened, everyone seemed to have a good time. There were lots of federates present, and patrol boats protecting the yahoo at all times.

Port time vs. Ship time:

The first evening we were instructed to move our clocks ahead 1 hour (from pacific time to mountain time). This put us at the same time as our first 2 port stops, Cabo & Mazatlan. When we stopped at Puerto Vallarta they told us multiple times to stay on ship's time, which was 1 hour ahead of local time (PV is in the central time zone).

The ship is beautiful, and we had a wonderful time. More to come, menus etc later!

Welcome back!

For PV, since you were 1 hour ahead, were you in port 8-5 ship time with a 4:30 all aboard? Meaning local time was 9-6 with a 5:30 local time all aboard?

Also, who is the current Cruise Director?

Welcome back!

For PV, since you were 1 hour ahead, were you in port 8-5 ship time with a 4:30 all aboard? Meaning local time was 9-6 with a 5:30 local time all aboard?

Also, who is the current Cruise Director?

I've got to dig out the freestyle dailies and compare the times to what was advertised beforehand but IIRC correctly, in P.V. the time to be back on board was 3:30 ship time, which would have been 4:30 port time. I remember that because we had seen a bull-fighting ring very close to the ship that said it was held on Wed @ 3pm so we thought we would be able to try and see some of it before we had to board (since that would be 2pm ship time). However, when we went there, the 3 we saw was actually a 5, so we were unable to do so.

That being said, we really didn't get underway until much closer to 4:30 pm ship's time.

We had a brand new cruise director, Jamie, who said this was her first cruise onboard. I'll have to look up her last name.

I've got to dig out the freestyle dailies and compare the times to what was advertised beforehand but IIRC correctly, in P.V. the time to be back on board was 3:30 ship time, which would have been 4:30 port time. I remember that because we had seen a bull-fighting ring very close to the ship that said it was held on Wed @ 3pm so we thought we would be able to try and see some of it before we had to board (since that would be 2pm ship time). However, when we went there, the 3 we saw was actually a 5, so we were unable to do so.

That being said, we really didn't get underway until much closer to 4:30 pm ship's time.

We had a brand new cruise director, Jamie, who said this was her first cruise onboard. I'll have to look up her last name.

Welcome home! (although I'm sure you'd much rather still be on board!) How was the new Cruise Director? also, if you could post the dalies, it would be much appreciated! We leave 6 weeks today, and I have not been cruising for almost 5 years :eek:...can't wait to get back into it!! Thanks!! :D

That would've been Jamie de Souza! We loved her on the Gem and hope to cruise with her again someday.

Yes, it's called Endless Summer, and is on deck 8 above the atrium. Half the area is Endles s Summer, half is Blue Lagoon. We didn't eat there, so I can't comment on the food. IIRC, it does have a $10 upcharge, blue lagoon is free.

Thanks for the info!

Guess that's both good news and bad news. We really enjoyed it when we were on the Star a couple of years ago, but don't know if it's worth $20 for the both of us.

Married on Enchantment, you'll love the STAR. Last time we were on it, was prior to refurbishment, so now it should be better.

I like the idea that BL has the same layout as the Pearl. It's a nicer atmosphere than where it was before. A throughfare is what it was like prior.

I grew up in Brampton. I always check to see where posters live. :p

Married on Enchantment, you'll love the STAR. Last time we were on it, was prior to refurbishment, so now it should be better.

I like the idea that BL has the same layout as the Pearl. It's a nicer atmosphere than where it was before. A throughfare is what it was like prior.

I grew up in Brampton. I always check to see where posters live. :p

Lucky that you got out of Brampton. Its not like it used to be years ago. This is our first trip on NCL and we have heard some great things about the Star, can't wait.

Hello from onboard the Star, just returning from the Mexican Riviera. Mimosa in hand as we wait to be cleared to disembark, I thought I'd post a few tidbits now, with a full review to follow in a couple of days, when I get access to a real keyboard.

Mazatlan:

The burning question, if it hasn't already been answered is Yes, we did stop at Mazatlan. We were greeted with a mariachi band, lots of local dignitaries, and lots of news reporters. I didn't hear of any incidents that happened, everyone seemed to have a good time. There were lots of federates present, and patrol boats protecting the yahoo at all times.

Port time vs. Ship time:

The first evening we were instructed to move our clocks ahead 1 hour (from pacific time to mountain time). This put us at the same time as our first 2 port stops, Cabo & Mazatlan. When we stopped at Puerto Vallarta they told us multiple times to stay on ship's time, which was 1 hour ahead of local time (PV is in the central time zone).

The ship is beautiful, and we had a wonderful time. More to come, menus etc later!

If ship's time was Mountain time and PV was on Central time wouldn't PV been one hour ahead of ship's time not the other way around? Pacific time 10, mountain time 11, central time 12.

OK, here is a link to the Freestyle Dailies:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2QqUJZl-o3ZOWY2NzEyNTItNmZiZi00YWI4LWJkZWEtNDJlMDJjMTA0ZmIx&hl=en

Now, on to the photos of the menus, but that will take some editing to make them readable. I'll try and post them to the same Google Docs collection, so check back later.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2QqUJZl-o3ZOWY2NzEyNTItNmZiZi00YWI4LWJkZWEtNDJlMDJjMTA0ZmIx&hl=en

Now, on to the photos of the menus, but that will take some editing to make them readable. I'll try and post them to the same Google Docs collection, so check back later.

Thank you very much! Should be able to gleam some useful information off these for planning our days!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! (or should I say gracias!) :)

Archived