Latest Star Info

Wanna_Cruize

Found this on another board on cruise critic

In addition to the two new restaurant menus, the Star also had three different special lunches (each available one day only).

The first was the "Jazz Brunch" menu.

The second was the "A Taste of India" menu.

[both of the above have been available for a while and have been discussed in other threads]

The third was a new (at least new to me :)) menu called "Best of All". This was held in La Cucina and had a $15pp cover charge. The menu featured the signature dishes from all of the specialty restaurants.

Hope this helps Schplinky

I'm totally going to this!!!

Thanks for posting the menus....there are some nice offerings!

Is there still a lobster night in the MDR? Do you know what night?

I think I heard someone say it was Tuesday. I'm not sure, because that was the night we laid down to take a quick nap before dinner and slept right on through...:eek:

I did have the surf & turf option at Cagney's - 5 oz. filet mignon and 6 oz. lobster tail. Be advised it is an upcharge to the upcharge (an additional $10 above the $25 charge) but it was entirely worth it. Yummy!! The 1/2 lobster tail I was served was definitely MORE than 6 oz. and a real lobster, not the langostino (mexican lobster) served on a lot of ships now.

Lobster night is Tuesday night and it's served with a fish, I think it was swordfish. I had lobster in Le Bistro the night before and it was wonderful. So I didn't have it in the MDR.

Last I knew the fish served with the small lobster tail was grouper...but could have changed in the past 9 months since our most recent NCL cruise.

Lobster night is Tuesday night and it's served with a fish, I think it was swordfish. I had lobster in Le Bistro the night before and it was wonderful. So I didn't have it in the MDR.

Might be a dumb question, but is there some form of information notice of lobster night? I never saw anything about it on the pearl.

Which ports did you dock and which did you tender? And can you confirm the times in PV? My mom has a 5 hour horse back ride planned and I certainly don't want her missing the ship :P

I browsed this thread very quickly. Did you get an answer to this? I am wondering the same thing. I read through all the dailies that were so kindly posted and I think we would only tender in Cabo.

I browsed this thread very quickly. Did you get an answer to this? I am wondering the same thing. I read through all the dailies that were so kindly posted and I think we would only tender in Cabo.

All ships tender in Cabo. In PV, it will depend on the number of ships in port with you and the docking priority. The docks can handle three ships, so if there are three or less, you will probably dock.

We sail the Star this Saturday.

Our eDocs say we'll be anchoring in PV. I hope that won't be the case, but with the Carnival Splendor returng to service the week we sail I suspect the eDocs are correct.

Since the Splendor went out of service in November, I think all the Star sailings have been able to dock in PV, but that may no longer be the case from here on out.

We sail the Star this Saturday.

Our eDocs say we'll be anchoring in PV. I hope that won't be the case, but with the Carnival Splendor returng to service the week we sail I suspect the eDocs are correct.

Since the Splendor went out of service in November, I think all the Star sailings have been able to dock in PV, but that may no longer be the case from here on out.

Thanks for the info. I am trying to decide if we should book a half day whale watching tour in PV.

• 2 weeks later...

As a first time cruiser, I have been reading mention of the dailies, and sort of knew what they would be, but this is unbelievably helpful. Thank you so so much!

Cruising on the Star in May, and I will share this with our Roll Call folks!

Thanks again!

Darr

Archived