Wine and soda

jkneern

I searched before I asked and didn't find the answer. Just a quick question...Can you bring wine and soda on the ship when you board. We are new to RCCL. I know other lines allow it. Thanks in advance for any replies;)

I'm sorry, but there really has been a lot said about this topic. Sometimes it gets quite interesting.... But to answer your question, there is more than one answer! Officially you are not allowed to bring wine on the ship, and soda seems to be okay, but not always. Does this help? It all seems a little confusing. We have brought wine on board, in our luggage 'hidden', but we may have been lucky enough not to get caught, because many have had to go to the 'naughty room' to get their suitcases back, once the liquor is removed of course. So it seems to be lucky/unlucky. Many posters have taken soda on board especially if it is a brand not carried by the ship. Hope this helps, but no matter you'll have a great time!

RCL has no policy allowing you to carry on wine or soda, but a few bottles of soda in your bag, they have never complained. .. but they have taken wine to return the last night of your cruise.

Carnival allows one bottle of wine, but not RCL (and Carnival also owns Princess, who allows it too).

Some people have had success with smuggling, but some havent.. which is a whole different topic .. search smuggling

You apparently did not check the RCCL website, which gives the answer. However, I find that lead lined film bags are excellent for putting a few small bottles in--make sure you have a lock on your suitcase. Plus, there are the world famous Rum Runner flasks. Great for clear liquids. Oh, I can hear the flaming already.

I was not looking to "smuggle" it on board. Just wondered if it was allowed. I'm going to take the responses as a No. Thanks

Dude, don't take offense to the the smuggling comment. apparently it's a running joke on these boards.

Someone in another thread said it best about RCCL or RCI (depending on how you view the company). Not an exact quote: but it's a rule that's there but not enforced regularly enough to make a point. Like going 9 miles over the speed limit, it's all about how the enforcer felt that day.

Now I don't even know if it was these boards. In anycase, some people just got off a Port Canaveral ship today that said they were blatant about it (search the word "thingies", :-)) and was able to get a still-wrapped-in-plastic-case-of-water by placing a luggage tag right on it.

hope you enjoy your cruise!! Don't let the grumps around here ruin ya!! And now, it's my turn to get flamed....

Archived